Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Squish

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Fantasy - Bahamas
This was our first cruise with Carnival. We loved it. Everything went very smoothly.

We had a little trouble finding the Carnival rep at the airport to take our transfers to the ship, but we gave ourselves plenty of time on arrival. I highly recommend you buy the transfers from Carnival.

Embarkation was very fast and easy...we had lunch as soon as we got on board and spent the afternoon touring the ship.

Overall the food and entertainment were good for the price we paid. I thought the food was average and the entertainment was OK, not great.

I do have to say that Carnival does know how to keep you going- the casino was great, there are three clubs (the piano bar, the live music bar and the disco) and they where going until late into the night. There does seem to be a bar around every corner of the ship.

Nassau was OK, the highlight was having 5 ships in port and being able to see the different types of ships. I do not recommend going over to Paradise Island or Atlantis. You cannot go out to the beach or the pool area -- you only have access to the hotel and casino. Not worth the trip over. I would suggest doing a shore trip like snorkeling or some water activity -- it may be the only way you get in the water.

Debarkation in Port Canaveral was very fast -- except getting off the ship. Everyone crowds into a small hallway to get off. But once off the process was quick and we where placed on a bus and back to the airport with plenty of time. We were off the ship at 915 a.m. and at the airport by 10 a.m. Our flight was not until 1:40 p.m. Do not book your ticket back before 12 noon, just in case, but we where off the ship really fast.

My overall opinion of the ship is that it is a great smaller ship -- It had everything you could ask for for 3 days. I really like Carnival, I was on Royal Caribbean in October, and I like Carnival more.

This was a great short cruise, not sure I would want to do a longer cruise on a Fantasy class ship with Carnival, but it did give me a good taste of what Carnival has out there. For the price 225.00 per person, you can not beat it!!!

Publication Date: 12/27/04