Ruby Princess Cruise Review by GA133642: Ruby Princess Our First Cruise

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Ruby Princess Our First Cruise

Sail Date: January 2011

Our cruise was on the Princess Ruby departed Pot Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale, Fl January 23rd, 2011. Overall, for our first cruise, it was very nice and we enjoyed it fully. We are actually missing the ship right now! The first 2 days at sea were a bit cool and rough. Many folks were remarking about that to us as i was asking, "is this normal"? to which people said "Noo" & many folks were walking around with the sea sickness patches behind their ears. Not us though but mind you that first day I was feeling some what sour to. That first night I thought I was going to fall out of my bed twice that night which was kid of rough at sea. Got our sea legs by times we got down to St. Martin & the weather became just right 80-90F. very nice. We didn't do too much on St. Martin which I'm disappointed we didn't do but on St Thomas bought at last minute excursion to Meagan's Beach & Blackbeard's. That is a beautiful island and we enjoyed that. Turks we did a beach day or afternoon at More the cruise port. Very nice stop as well.

The service on the ship was excellent and it had a good blend of people and age groups for us. The entertainment on board excellent and they try the very best to keep things lively and attentive. I did think some of the prices on board was a bit to high for drinks etc.I think they should include 1 bottle of free water each day especially if you upgrade your suite like we did to a mini suite. The food was good to fair. Some nights was a knock out of the park others, and this meant mainly for the dinning room, were bland. We went to Sabatini's one night and to be honest was not worth the extra cost as the food was not really any different. We enjoyed the buffet. Great variety and went there for breakfast lunch and twice for dinner.The ship also was very clean. We did find the ship somewhat "chopped up" and this is more to the main decks of 7, 6, 5. We thought the dinning rooms would be all one or connected be open to 1-2 decks. Until you got a feel for the ship they were hard to find especially when doing "open seating". The atrium or piazza we thought could have been more grand or at least a few more decks high and the shopping more "to it". Enjoyed the multiple pools and the movie under the stars set up. One of the entertainment bits was the Wast Coast Connections Band. They helped for me anyway make the cruise.

So my wife who was shall I say indifferent at first to cruising is now kind of thinking of doing it again someday. We think we would like to try Royal Caribbean or Celebrity next time from things we heard and saw, but I wouldn't write off Princess again. I hear they are getting 2 new ships 2012 or 2014. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Mini-Suite with Balcony Dolphin Deck D618

Our stateroom was good size, very clean and comfortable. Our cabin steward, Felix, awesome, very gracious, polite and professional. While it was not huge the balcony was open above to others looking down on you. Smoke from others drifting onto the balcony was a nuisance at times & beside smoking in on decks, by the pools, which today should not be allowed. Oh well it could have been worse and at least our room did not smell of smoke. I think they should make one side of the ship for smokers and the other non.

This was just a beach day at the cruise ship terminal. Beach is perfect and you don't have to go to far. We didn't have a lot of time in this port so to venture off to far other than buying an excursion via the ship leaves things in doubt I guess. Island is not that big so you really can't that far anyway.

Beautiful, should have planned it out better. Didn't like getting pestered by the locals too much but realize that is how they make their living.

Again, very beautiful. A nice touch of being in America but not at the same time.

Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews