Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Excursionhappy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by Excursionhappy
Celebrity Equinox
Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: Excursionhappy
Cruise Date: October 2010
Embarkation: Civitavecchia
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 08
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Ports were great - Celebrity not so much!
Background Information - Myself and 3 friends flew first class from Ontario to Italy 2 days early, touring there first. From the get-go, my experience on the Celebrity Equinox (2nd cruise with this line) was disappointing.

Hotel Info (if any) - Best Western Canadian was right downtown. The elevator was way too small. The breakfast was awesome and the rooms serviceable.

Ship Info - Celebrity Equinox

Service - I personally found the staff unfriendly and pretentious.

Port & Shore Excursions - The only outstanding one for me, was Alexandria. We went on the 2 day excursion to Luxor (Valley of the Kings), Karnak Temple, Cairo, Giza, etc. It was out of this world! Too much to take in in 2 days but well worth the approx. $1,000 for the excursion.

Summary - This was the second cruise with Celebrity for myself and my friends. Two of my friends received flowers and a welcome back letter. When I enquired as to why I was slighted, I was told it was because they had spent more money than I did on the previous cruise. Yes! I'm not making this up!! I mentioned my dissatisfaction in my survey and in a follow-up letter to Celebrity. I have not received so much as an acknowledgement. I will never cruise this line again!!

Stateroom- Stateroom 8106 facing the front of the ship, directly below the bridge. It was incredibly noisy. The sewage system made a loud rumbling noise. Less at night, but enough to ensure little or no sleep (even with earplugs). It took 5 days and numerous complaints before they finally moved us. I had to threaten to sleep on the couch in front of the Guest Relations desk with a sign before they finally acted to correct this.

Dining - was unremarkable. The service was very good. Again the maitre d treated us rudely when we arrived late from a ship excursion.

Entertainment - Not my cup of tea. Only attended one show which was of any interest to me.

Disembarkation - Went very smoothly. Although pre-arranged transfers are recommended as there were no taxis or buses available.

Publication Date: 02/27/11