Disney Dream Cruise Review by Carol Braccoi

3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Grandma's review of the Disney Dream
I am a grandmother traveling with grandpa my adult son, my daughter her husband their three children (ages 3, 6, and 7) my son in law's brother his wife and their 2 children(ages 7 and 5). We went on the Dream Feb 20, 2011 We all got a family sized room with a veranda. This cruise was more expensive than other 4 night cruises but we thought since it was Disney it would be worth it.

The first thing we encountered was the check in procedure at the pier. The check in was okay we had checked in on line. After that we waited in a crowded terminal with no place to sit with kids running around. Disney is expert at crowd control but failed here.

We went right up to the buffet on deck 11. It was just as described in reviews,lamb chops, ribs chicken, fruit desserts, salads, all very good. Something for everyone and everyone enjoyed it.

The ship was much too crowded. The public areas were always crowded I've never had this on other fully booked cruises. My daughter and family were turned away from the breakfast on deck 11 because there was no more room. They were told to go to the dining room where they had a crummy breakfast.

Unfortunately the breakfast on deck 11 was not very good either. The scrambled eggs were definitely powdered,no omelet station. nothing freshly made.

The cabins were the nicest I've ever seen very roomy beautifully decorated. The divided bathroom was a great idea. The ship is definitely Disney every little detail was wonderful from the moving pictures to the spa to the dining rooms.

The entertainment was fantastic. The kids and the adults loved the shows not an easy task to please everyone. The kids loved finding characters all over the place.

Unfortunately the food and service was very very bad. It seemed that every one was inexperienced and it showed. When asked where something was nobody knew or they would send you to the wrong place. They didn't seem to know English very well and didn't know what horseradish or sherry was and asked how to make a BlueMoon. We ate in the palace dining room the first night. The onion soup was inedible and was eaten by no one who ordered it.I also ordered escargot which was pretty bad. I ordered wild boar as the main course and was served wild hockey pucks also inedible. I had to eat my daughter's beef which was edible but tasteless. The service was poor due to inexperience. We were served our appetizers and soup before we got our drinks. The slightest request threw them for a loop. Other nights, duck soup also inedible, chilean sea bass tasteless. The only thing I enjoyed was on the last night in the enchanted garden the sea bass. Stay on the safe side and order the beef. I came away from the dining rooms hungry.

Their scheduling and availability of food was poor. My daughter and family went to a movie at 12noon and found the buffet closed immediately after the movie. We ate our dinner at 830 PM much too late for the kids. They fell asleep at the table most nights. We usually didn't get done eating till 10 or 10:30 every night. All the dining rooms opened late every night too!

The pools were too small for all the children. Always very crowded. The lines for the Aqua duck were always too long. My grandson was 100th of an inch too short to go on the ride. His tears broke my heart.

The quiet cove pool was really small too. The hot tubs there had too few jets and the jets that were working were weak.

The drinks were also bad. I got a mojito (my favorite on Princess where I never got a bad drink) which was undrinkable I was not able to send it back because it was before a show. It was sooooo bad! All the other drinks ordered by our group were bad too!

The stores on board were a disappointment too only Disney stuff.

I wouldn't go on another Disney cruise. My kids might but I prefer other lines.I don't think it was worth the extra money.

Publication Date: 02/27/11