Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by beachlover2885

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by beachlover2885
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: beachlover2885
Cruise Date: February 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: K

Majesty of the Seas 2/21 - 2/25 2011
My boyfriend and I cruised the Majesty the week of 2/21 and were not disappointed. I was a bit nervous about traveling on this ship since it is older and in the sovereign class, but once I saw the interior of the ship, it didn't look any different from NCL's The Pearl, the only other cruise ship I've been on. I'm sure the Majesty can't compete with ships like the Oasis and the Allure, but it shouldn't have to; the Majesty serves its purpose, and for the price, it can't be beat. Everyone we met on the cruise seemed to be having just as much fun as we did. We also had wonderful weather throughout the cruise. I would recommend bringing a light jacket or sweater because at night the ship can get a bit chilly. I also noticed the staff at the Main Dining Room didn't exactly adhere to the dress code because many guests were able to wear shorts and flip flops in the dining area.

Food

We ate in the Main Dining Room for dinner every night and ate breakfast there 3 out of the 4 mornings. We thought the dinner exceeded our expectations and the menu offered several options (vegetarian, low calorie, sugar-free, etc). My favorite dinner was the braised duck and my boyfriend's was the pork medallions. We were also very satisfied with the appetizers. The desserts were pretty good (the best in my opinion were the warm chocolate cake and the cheesecake). The only real issue we had was the first night at dinner because we wanted to sit at a table for two, but were placed with 2 other couples. Luckily, we spoke with the maitre'd and we were moved to a table right next to the window. I thought the breakfast was okay, but the boyfriend loved it. I thought the menu could have had more options. I preferred the breakfast on NCL over Royal Caribbean. We ate at the Windjammer only once; it was a bit crowded but wasn't any different from any other breakfast buffet I've eaten at. For lunch, we ate at the Compass Deli which offered some great sandwiches. I wanted to try the crepes but didn't get around to it. We ate at Sorrento's almost every night for a late night snack. The pizza was definitely edible and satisfied the cravings we had after enjoying a few drinks. Sorrento's was definitely repetitive, and on the NCL cruise, they had a 24 hour restaurant instead so you could order different things (not just pizza). We also ate at Johnny Rockets once which was also good. Overall, for a 4 night cruise, the food was definitely satisfying.

We found the service excellent on this ship. Our stateroom attendant was super friendly and our room was always clean. We had to call for assistance twice and they came and fixed the problems immediately. Our wait staff was also exceptional. They were extremely amiable and on top of everything. The bartenders and servers were always around to take drink orders and were always cheerful and genuine.

Amenities

Our room was small but that was expected as we booked the least expensive rooming option. We don't really care about the room since we only shower and sleep there. There was a hairdryer, tv and plenty of outlets. The public bathrooms on the ship were clean and well-kept; in fact, there were always crew members cleaning the bathrooms and the decks. The pools were a bit on the small side but I'm more interested in soaking up the sun on the deck.

We didn't see all of the shows, but we thoroughly enjoyed the comedian, the Love and Marriage Game, and the Quest Game Show. All three were fabulous and absolutely hilarious. Everyone in the audience was laughing and really enjoying themselves.

Overall we had a great time and definitely recommend this cruise!

Publication Date: 02/27/11