Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by Tucson54

Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Cabin Category: D2
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South America & Antarctica Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

An Expensive Disappointment
My husband & I were passengers on Mariner from LA around Cape Horn to Santos, Brazil. RCI has changed drastically since we sailed a few years ago. They have cost cutting in place - no hair conditioner or lotion - no shower cap on the first leg. These items did show up on the second leg.

The food was below par - beef too tough to chew - fish either over or under cooked. Very difficult to get any fruit suitable for cold cereal. Windjammer was typical steam table fare - guests were calling it the "trough."

I have never heard of passengers moving from one cabin to another having to pack up & put their luggage out by 11PM. We moved from cabin 9342 to 8670. Usually (ALWAYS)the staff move you - Not this time!!!My luggage was lost & I couldn't get any staff to help me. My husband & I searched the decks & found 1 bag all the way forward on deck 7. I went to Guest Relations to ask for help. The young lady rolled her eyes, sucked her teeth & said "What do you want me to do? It's not my fault." That was the attitude from Guest Relations for most of the cruise - very condescending & unpleanant. My luggage showed up at 9PM.

The Ice Show was outstanding!! Skaters very talented & enthusiastic! The rest of the entertainment left much to be desired. Like the last stop on the Vauddeville Circuit. The production shows were very low end - the singers seemed bored.

There is much more that could be said - surfice it to say this was not our first RCI cruise - it is certainly our last.

Publication Date: 02/27/11