Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Muskoka2: Whoops

Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Whoops

Sail Date: February 2011

Easy embarkment and disembarkation.

Excellent staff overall.

Lots of fun things to do day and evening.

Food was fine. The French restaurant was excellent. Enjoyed the shows.

Did not like the adult only area. Space was taken up by a stadium type layout barely leaving room for sunbathing and I think I saw a pool but nearly too small to notice. Spent time in the general swim area. Again very small pools but it was still fine. The children were well behaved and nice to see them have fun.

No place to walk outside and had to sit on the cabin's balcony to see the ocean unless in some restaurants. Followed Disney Magic and she was so colourful at night.

We are all aware of the hard sell in the jewellery stores. The lucky draw of a yellow emerald was sad. Guess the weight of the stone. I did guess correctly however all who guessed within a certain range had a chance to win. Not just the people who were right on.We never did find out the More winners weight guess of the stone.

A drink was spilled in Bliss and we were charged for the spilled drink and the replacement. Maybe that is the routine. Bliss was an excellent way to spend a few hours though.

The ports I understand were good. Nice beach at St. Thomas and St. Martins. I will go into this more later.

It was interesting to note as each evening came the people dressed up more until it was almost formal. Not sure how that happened. Overall people wore what they were comfortable in.

Now the negative part and it is negative. The cabins...whoops. Who in the marketing, design, owners and shareholders offices ever thought this up.

Enter: itty bitty toilet enclosure on one side and the itty bitty shower on the opposite. A curtain can be drawn across this area cutting off the sink but magically leaving the person after the shower standing in an itty bitty area between the toilet and the shower... are you ready? The main door at their back...I could just imagine the second person coming to the cabin and could not enter as the person was standing right there trying to dry off and dress.

Why would a designer think a couch with a bend in the middle served any useful function? The cabins should be named the Flintstones Caves. Beds were rocks. Separation between the two beds was about 4-5 inches. That is far too cozy even for people who know each other well. They had no foam pads to soften the beds only dead no give duvets. Hard pillows and the covers were too hot. I missed the St. Thomas beach as I was too sore from the bed to go. No drinking water in the cabin. We could barely hear the announcements. Need card in slot to turn the lights on. Tip: Leave card in slot at night to keep bathroom light on.

I did hear the people in the solo cabins seemed to be content but the cabins were very small. They could only view the ocean from restaurants and from the swimming area.

I hope the Norwegian cruise line people never design another ship with these cabins.

Overall the ship was easy to get around....but oh those cabins...no no..so bad I will never go on the Epic again.

I know the staff works long periods of time. One waiter told us he works 8 months with little if any time off and then goes home for several months...8 months, shift after shift and they can still smile....

They deserve good beds. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic

It reminded us of the interior of a small small travel trailer. Flintstones' cave with rock beds separated by 4-5" and rock pillows. Terrible.

Cruise mate went into Nassau on ship sponsored excursion. Walked 20 minutes to area where you enter the country, walked 20 minutes after, could not use the beach they were suppose to. The lunch that was included was another long walk. The group found and used a different cleaner beach and never did get the lunch. To avoid more walking had to hire a taxi to return. Cost of excursion just under $100...a wasted $100.00 plus taxi fare.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews