MSC Poesia Cruise Review by extonlass

MSC Poesia
Member Name: extonlass
Cruise Date: January 2011
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
It's Italian
My 3rd MSC cruise --chosen for PRICE--we got 2 weeks for 1036.00--

Embarkation --super quick 3x--rooms ready --arrival was 12n to 1pm

Food --Its Italian --it was OK esp in the dining room --not so in the cafeteria --mostly lukewarm--but problem is crowds --can be hot when gotten but after the lines is cold when you sit down--I dont like European food a lot esp main courses --

Room --clean and attractive --smaller than others

Staff--fine esp dining room --Indonesian staff esp attentive I have run into abrupt staff--always with Italian names but not on this cruise --front desk was fine--and I had several trips to see them about my laptop--they were very good --including calling the IT manager who was Italian--he was not chatty but not abrupt --Room steward was fine --he forgot ice a couple of times so I give him very good instead of excellent

Activities--I dont hang in bars or the pool --so not into that--but I enjoyed the Italian lessons --teacher was very good--Sophie?

Excursions--MSC lacks here in numbers offered but the few I used were ok

Entertainment --and I refer only to nightly show in the theater --was the best I have seen --with 3 MSC cruises to compare --with several languages , they have shows/acts where all can enjoy--there is criticism on the opera offered--and indeed I am not into that--but it was nicely done --again Italians are more into opera than US folks --

There is no question than price being equal, I would select a HAL cruise--I like the food and the deck chairs on Promenade deck--and the port info --the afternoon ice cream and bread pudding--all sorts of things--but we got a 2 for 1 deal--1036 for 2 weeks on deck 11 --the price is too much better --I decided to deal with the Italians and the menu

Publication Date: 02/24/11