Azura Cruise Review by dawn simonetti

Embarkation: Barbados
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: OA
Cabin Number: c 736
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Azura or not to Azura
We have just come back from carribean cruise on Azura.We started off from Barbados This is a really unbiased view as Im not a cruiser but I go as my husband loves it.The Azura is a wonderful ship,as is the entertainment.The Headliners were superb!!!

Id read many reports before we went and was not looking forward to some aspects of the cruise.I can honestly say they were all unfounded.The self-service restaurant on occasion was a little full,but that was mostly on ship days.The food was always plentiful and Ive heard people say a little repetitive,we didnt find this at all.

The staff were all attentive and very courtious.We only had an inside stateroom as we booked last minute,but it was very spacious,I thought.Plenty of room for the two of us.Yes the bathrooms are smallesh,but my husband is 17 stones and he managed perfectly.Someone mentioned the hairdriers not being very powerful,I found them perfectly ok and wouldnt bother taking yours with extra weight!!!!The wardrobe space is excellent,you can hang long dresses and trousers without any problem.Theres about 16-18 hangers but your cabin boy will get more if needed.

We didnt do any ships excursions as we did them on our own.Please use the local bus service it is good and so cheap.Most trips cost us about 2 dollars each.Just go to the bus station and ask where you want to go.Some islands are pretty and some are not!!!!Buy all the things you need at St Marteens,the cheapest of all the islands.Cigarettes and alcohol very cheap.Works out about £9 FOR 200 CIGGIES and 2 bottles of Gordans Gin for £10 a bargain!!!!!!

Our itinarary did consist of 2 days at sea on the return journey,which wasnt that good,but I do have to say thereare enough sunbeds and you do have enough room to turn.If you do like being round the pool area Aqua Deck then it does get a little crowded,but otherwise I dont think it was too bad.The big screen is a little intrusive,but if you dont like it then dont sit there.The ship is that big you can always find somewhere quiet,try deck 19!!!!!!!

Hope this helps some of you,like I said Im not a cruiser,but did enjoy most of it.Happy cruising.....

Publication Date: 02/24/11