Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by jerseydave65

Norwegian Gem
Norwegian Gem
Member Name: jerseydave65
Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: OK
See More About: Norwegian Gem Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Norwegian Gem Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Gem Deck Plans
NEVER AGAIN NCL
NY city dock was a breeze , and the NCL staff were friendly and fast . We were on the ship by noon, and in the cafe by 1:00 pm the buffet was crowded and crazy. The food was scary at best , we got a soda pass for 75:00 dollars ,an right off the bat I asked for a Pepsi and the waitress told me to get it myself . are you kidding me? She was rude and nasty. Our cabin was a bit small , carpet was dirty, paper , hair , all over the place . After first day we had to complain to get tissue , toilet paper, and towels refilled . A female staff member on 7Th day at 9:30 pm just walked into our room with the DO NOT DISTURB sign up. she was told repeatedly not to come in we were in bed and not dressed. She handed me a letter , i told her to get out can't you read do not disturb she replied No. The letter claimed i gave a bad credit card , to bad it was a debit card, and there was plenty of cash on it.After 1 hr of fighting with the front desk, they came and told me the card was fine . But i never sign my paper work at the dock, so i said well how am I on the ship then . The front desk clerk looked at me and said I Don't Know , no one can be that stupid . This nightmare took till 11:00pm to fix .

Food Well the buffet could really use some help , how many times could you eat burgers and hot dogs every dang day. most of the food all tasted the same bland , and tasteless . Most of the staff in the buffet were rude , and nasty to deal with, could care less about you. We also ate at the Tex/Mex it was very good and service was great, we gave the staff there a extra tip for the good service and food . The La Cucina was very good too the staff were very pleasant and we had a great dinner.

Activities Free style i don't think so most things on the daily planner had a Fee Applies . Nickle and dime you for everything , then charge you for service charge of $12 dollars a day , per person over the age of 3 for tips . Weather or not you get good service , clean towels, toilet paper , heck vacuum your room. what terrible poor service and they demand tips give me a break, their new motto should FEE APPLIES STYLE . The gym cost $20 a day , plus $12 to ride the exercise bikes, plus another $20 for the hot tubs and sauna rooms. $5 dollars a game for bowling .

The Good Bingo staff , pool staff and the band were perfect nice , helpful , friendly, and always on top of your needs. Cruise director Sinan, assistant Megan, Steve, jasmine , Mons form the pool bar , and Irene from the spinnaker lounge ,pool deck were the nicest people on the whole ship.

The bad We were woke up 5 out of the 10 days at 6 am by rude staff working outside of our room . Complained so much the front desk manager would start to shake when he saw us coming . i made them take money off the tips $100, we did not think they should get $240 for such a bad cruise we never had a cruise this what a bad nightmare . We or our family well never cruise again with Norwegian Cruise Lines .

Publication Date: 02/24/11