Disney Wonder Cruise Review by middleages: Not Good. I wouldn't recommend it for families or anyone!

middleages
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera Cruises

Not Good. I wouldn't recommend it for families or anyone!

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I would not consider this cruise a good value for the money. We paid twice as much as our last 7 day Princess cruise, and it wasn't nearly as good. My 9 year-old daughter agrees. The dining hours were terrible. The buffet was closed almost every time I went for food. The three times I did manage to get in, food was school cafeteria quality. The dining room's food was not much better. The service was nothing to write home about either.

There were too many children. They had to close the pool almost every day because some kid pooped in there; and, once there was even a closure due to vomit. Gross! The kids club was so crowded and poorly organized that my daughter almost never wanted to go because it was crazy in there. There were few activities in there, and they were of very poor quality. Princess at least has some nice crafts that kids would want to take home and save as a souvenir like tee shirt design, but Disney had nothing like this. Plus, having so many kids made the More ship noisy and difficult to relax in. There's an adult section, but I couldn't go there because I had my little girl with me. I got virtually no alone time with my hubby on this ship. On Princess I couldn't tear my little one away from the Kid's Club. None of the 3 nice little girls we met on the ship were particularly keen to go to the kids club either. They all complained that it was boring and too noisy.

There were few movies or crafts for adults. There were few classes of any kind for the adults. There was no casino. The satellite was out for the entire cruise, so the only thing to watch on TV was the same 5 or 6 kids movies that they kept playing over and over again. I think I now know every line from The Golden Compass and Shrek 4. The room was bigger than on some of the other ships, but the couch bed was tortuously uncomfortable for my daughter even with an egg-crate topper. It was so bad, she wanted to sleep with us, which she usually detests.

I will never do another Disney Cruise and I appreciate Princess, Norwegian, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean much more now that I've experienced Disney. It's a shame because we were very excited about this cruise. We were extremely disappointed. But, if you have loud obnoxious children who run wild and like to or cannot prevent themselves from defiling public swimming pools by releasing their bowels or throwing up in them, I would definitely encourage you to give all of your patronage to Disney Cruise Line, because A. you'll fit right in and B. I will be on some other cruise line. Less

Read more Disney Wonder cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Wonder Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Wonder Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck Two 2580

The cabin was pretty nice except for the very uncomfortable couch bed. The windows were huge and gave a fantastic view of the ocean and sea life. We saw lots of whales and dolphins.

Good Bargains if you haggle.