Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by mrc1222: EXPLORER WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT

1 Post

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

EXPLORER WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT

Sail Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

We have cruised many many times. We have been on all of the major cruise lines. We recently took a 12 night cruise on Explorer to the Eastern Caribbean. Last year we cruised on the same ship from Cape Liberty New Jersey to Bermuda. We enjoyed that cruise particualrly because we could travel without the hassle of airports, airlines, etc. This cruise was like traveling on a different ship - particularly regarding the front desk customer service.

We were in a "Deluxe" balcony cabin. For some reason my wife and I felt that this one was smaller than the Bermuda Cabin. After 4 days the flimsy toilet seat broke. The cabin attendant reported it and left it on the floor beside the toilet. We started phoning the desk repeatedly. The desk people assured us each time we phoned that they were taking care of it. After a while I got a little exhasperated, and told them that they were doing nothing. The woman on the phone hung up on me. Four days later, after being forced to use the public More toilets exclusively, I finally went down to the desk, asked to speak to the Manager, and a gentlman named "Ron" saw me. Fifteen minutes later, the toilet seat was replaced. Why did it take so long? Since the ship was quite full, they were too busy to find another toilet seat.

The rest of the cruise was uneventfully except for the Royal Caribbean excursion we took in Samana, DR. It was whale watching. They loaded us onto a small boat with an outboard motor. (32 Passengers including Senior Citizens and a small baby) The weather was windy and the water was very choppy. The driver was a maniac. He went full speed ahead over the highest waves. We were propelled out into space and came down with a crash too many times to count. The baby was screaming, and a number of people were loosing their lunches over the side. It is clear that the cruise line did an inadequate job in hiring these "cowboys of the sea". (Good name for the boat)

I certainly will give a lot of thought to re-booking on this ship. Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>