Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Dahlia Deezle

Carnival Glory
Member Name: Dahlia Deezle
Cruise Date: February 2011
Cabin Category: 4A

Excellent Vacation aboard the Glory!
We have sailed before with another Cruise line and went into this cruise almost being a little bit skeptical because so many people seem to have negative opinions about Carnival. After trying out the Glory for a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise, it's a safe bet that we will cruise with Carnival again. Glory was very, very clean. Crew is cleaning constantly....the rails, the decks, even the underside of decks, the pools, the hot tubs, the floors, the windows, and seemingly every nook and cranny. It seemed to us that Carnival cares a lot about keeping it's passengers healthy. Our Stateroom service was excellent. Our attendant Juan was absolutely marvelous....he was like our best friend at sea! :)

We ate in the Golden Dining Room and the waiters gave great service. The assistant waiters in particular were very friendly and welcoming. The Maitre'd was warm and friendly. The Justin Illusion show was very good....we really enjoyed it. Loved how they incorporated some current alternative and rock music in the show.....LOVED the music. There were a couple of decent comedy shows. We were impressed with the process of Embarkation and Debarkation. They went very smoothly and Carnival was very organized. The ports that required tenders were also handled in a very organized manner. It was nice to relax in the cabaret lounge and simply wait for our excursion number to called....very hassle-free. Our excursions were all booked with Carnival and they were all excellent and very hassle-free. The food was a very pleasant surprise. We agreed it was better than the last Royal Caribbean cruise we took. The vast majority of the food in the main dining room was very good. The lido buffet was good as well and the food was hot. We found the Deli and the Burrito Bar to be excellent. We greatly enjoyed the 24 hour ice cream and frozen yogurt machines....always a big stack of clean bowls and the cone dispensers always full. The hot chocolate was delicious and available anytime day or night. We had an issue with our toilet which could have really impacted our opinion if it were not handled so well. We had immediate service from the plumber and housekeeping and while you never wish for those kinds of things to happen....it was handled very well.

While none of these things were in any way severe enough to really cause us an unpleasant vacation....the following things are the reasons why I did not give five stars:

-we never saw the cruise director except on the television screen which was a disappointment from the cruise directors we have experienced with Royal Caribbean.

- I never had a hot shower once while on-board. Our shower usually ranged from warm to lukewarm. One time it was best described as cool.

-I was quite disappointed by the store on-board in its extremely pitiful supply of medicine and personal care items. I didn't want to pack a mini-pharmacy but I should have. I wrongly assumed that I could purchase anything I needed on-board. There were a few items like some Bonine pills and Advil. I find it amazing that with so many people away from home, eating huge amounts of unfamiliar foods that Carnival has zero stomach relief products to buy. Not a pepto tablet anywhere in sight. If you think there's a chance you might need it....bring it with you.

-I had two interactions with the guest services desk and they provided the customer services that I needed. The service was satisfactory but I was a little surprised at how unfriendly the service was. I felt like I was bothering them. However, all other staff we encountered on the ship were very friendly.

Overall......a very positive experience and a vacation we will not soon forget!

Publication Date: 02/22/11