Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by dsvd79: I loved my Adventure! 02-13-11 Sailing

dsvd79
Member Since 2007
1,584 Posts

Compare Prices on Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

I loved my Adventure! 02-13-11 Sailing

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I got back early this morning around 1:30 am. I had a blast!

Adventure of the Seas Itinerary- San Juan, At Sea, Curacao, Aruba, At Sea, Dominica, St. Thomas, San Juan

Suspects- Me and my partner 6th RC Cruise from NJ, 2 friends from NJ, one of them was new, and either was her 3rd cruise, and a friend from Michigan, and he was new to cruising at well.

We left Friday night and drove to BWI for our flight on Saturday. We stayed at the Westin, and got it for a great deal on Hotwire. $56 a night. Our flight was non stop on Air Tran and we had no problems. We landed in SJU with no problems, and met up with my friend who flew Delta from GRR. We got our backs, got a taxi and went to our hotel at the Holiday Inn Express in San Juan. I do not recommend this hotel. The rooms were tiny, musky, and moldy. It is located in an up and coming neighborhood, and had few restaurants within walking distance. We ended up at Chili's and it was wonderful. The beach was a block More away.

We got up early on Sunday, took a tour of the area around the hotel, and was off to the pier by 10:30am. We stood in line to drop off the bags, and got right back into line to board. We were one of the first people on the ship. Check in was breeze, and my new cruise friends, were able to use the platinum lane with us to check in. They also got to sit in the platinum area to board the ship. We were on the ship by 12:00pm, and toured the ship.

The ships condition was great! Everything seemed in order, and was beautiful. I loved the promenade, and all the lounges. I still think that the Schooner Bar was small. We played many trivia games in there, and it was always a standing room only.

Staterooms- We had 1388. AWESOME ROOM! It was huge! The balcony was huge! I will post pictures later.

Our one friend had her own promenade stateroom, and she liked it. She said she never heard anything from the outside.

The other two had 6546. This was a standard balcony room.

Dinner was the usual RC fare. The same choices, and the food was the same. I really didn't see anything too different from our Monarch cruise and Serenade cruise.

Cruise Staff- Wonderful! Gio and Jeremy were awesome!

Cruise Shows- Usual shows, but the Macho Men show was full of eye candy! And ladies night was better because the Macho Men became Chippendale Men. lol

Curacao- We did a snorkeling tour. My partner enjoyed. You just had to get use to tiny jellyfish stinging you.

Aruba- We did the Sea and See tour. It was cool. You went below this ship, and it was like snorkeling. It ended with a tour of Aruba.

Dominica- Poor country, but beautiful scenery. We did the Wacky Wobbly water tubing. This was the highlight for me as far as excursions. It was fun and relaxing.

St. Thomas- Since this was my third time here, we went to St. John. We had a beach tour. We swam at Trunk Bay, and it was beautiful. It rained, but hey I was wet already.

San Juan- Bacardi tour. I recommend the free drinks! They dropped as off at the airport which was nice.

Disembarkation- Took 30 minutes to go through customs, and we were on our bus ready to tour.

San Juan Airport- CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY! Apparently Air Tran didn't open their check in until 1:00. After our tour, they dropped us off at 12:30. After having our bags screened for USDA, check in, went through security, it was already 3:00! This airport needs a face lift! There are no "real" sit down restaurants, and the places they had were not that great. Our flight was delayed coming back, and we finally drove home to NJ from Baltimore, and go home around 1:30am.

Overall- A-. I just wish RC would get more food selections, instead of the same fare every cruise! Less

Read more Adventure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Adventure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Adventure of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 6 1388

Same size as a junior suite but the cost of a D1!