“Disney Dream Bahamian Cruise / travel with young children”
Cruise review of Disney Dream

cincymom3 Disney Dream 1 Disney Dream Bahamian Cruise / travel with young children
cincymom3
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
Overall Member Rating
I am fresh off the boat and I wish I could say we had the time of our life. On the bright side of this I will say that the ship is stunning and the private island is gorgeous. The live entertainment is amazing.

-small world nursery does not allow parents to ease their kids into the play space. You must drop and leave. I did not anticipate that so my 20 month old was terrorfied of strangers grabbing her and walking off with her and I was told to leave so she could calm more quickly. I could still hear her crying from the hallway so after waiting a few minutes I got her out and I canceled our pre booked time and our adult only activities since they were unwilling to let me work with her to ease into it.

- we were stuck with the late dinner seating 8:30 pm. I tried every day to be moved to the early on to no avail. The service was very slow. Night one we had no food, not even bread until 9:30 pm. By 10:15 with still no entree we took our 3 kids ages 6,4, and 1 to the cabin and had the food sent to us. My kids ate at 10:45. Despite preordering service was very slow everynight at dinner. My water sat empty for over an hour (I went to deck 11 and got my own refill when getting service failed) We walked out before dessert the last night.... we were fed up.

-the terminal is the right size for the Wonder and Magic way too small for the Magic. There was no where to sit.

-If you have dietary restrictions such as allergies you will be left to go hungry, even young children. There is no service offered on Deck 11 or room service and the meals all depend on your serving staff. Our head server eventually got involved and the situation improved but was not seamless.

-Guest Services appears powerless to address concerns. We went there often because our kids were not being fed and they never did a thing that solved the problem and they never got us a early dining time.

Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

4A7146
I loved it and the sound proofing was great. We had a lovely view and there was a lifeboat under us that did not obstruct the view. We also loved the split bath.
Published 02/22/11
Read Cruise Critic’s Disney Dream Review
Disney Dream Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?