“Carnival Freedom not so good”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

cruisenowandthen Carnival Freedom 3 Carnival Freedom not so good
cruisenowandthen
Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Well we had sailed Imagination some years ago and had a great time. Last week we sailed Freedom and it was a big let down.

1. The ship's decor hurt my eyes. It was hideous and if I notice something like that you know it was bad. It clashed everywhere. The dinning room upper Posh looked like a converted strip joint. It was ok until they felt like they needed snake skin patterns on the walls and ceiling. I sat in the atrium and thought that I must have dropped acid. I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to be in the roaring twenties with the art deco, or a 60's penthouse with the swirls, or at some roadside carnival. Nothing matched.

2. The service personnel were very good except for a couple. All it takes is a couple. They had a concierge, or someone one who works at that desk(a guy with a BAD attitude) who was VERY rude and on deck 9 where where ate lunch everyday we met a young lady from Croatia who I guess missed the polite express as well. Its a shame since everyone else was nice.

3. I'm not sure why but we left port early at like 3:00 each day. I'm used to leaving at like 6:00pm. We left the beach in Cozumel at 2:00pm to get to our ship leaving at 3:30. Friends that we met on Royal Caribbean left at 6:00pm and they were in Ft. Lauderdale before we were.

4. We saw the Maitre' d one time in 8 days at our table.

5. The entertainment was really not that good. There were 4 bands and only one of them was any good. They saved ALOT of money on entertainment. The GIANT screen on the Lido deck they call movies under the stars only really showed a few movies the rest was screen savers. They really need a movie theatre. The Dynasty room that never got used would make a great theater. The last night of the cruise the comedian just said what was on the top of his head.

6. There was only 2 doors to the outside decks that I found with windows the others looked like crew only access doors or etc. So it was frustrating finding a door if you just wanted to get some air.

7. You had to sign out the golf putters and balls on one deck and then carry them two decks up to use them.

I will say that the food was good and plenty of it. Our cabin was nice and just want I expected. We had a balcony that was nice. Our waiter at dinner was GREAT.

Overall I enjoyed myself but hey I can have fun at a flea market. We will most likely not sail Carnival again. I think that they are facing a crew morale and a budget cut back problem,...and it shows.

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A7356
Our cabin was nice, quiet midship and not much movement. great view on port side of ship 3 nice closets.

Published 02/22/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?