Norwegian Star Cruise Review by kmo123

Member Name: kmo123
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Category: IA
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Nice W Caribbean Cruise
I flew into NOLA on Friday afternoon. Spent Friday and Sat around NO.

Embarkment took a very long time. Granted, I showed up late in the afternoon. Went right to my cabin and was greeted by both of the stewards. They were able to find an egg carton mattress pad for me as the bed was hard. The stewards were very professional and always remembered my name. I will go back just to have that excellent service again.

Food, was ok. It wasn't as bad as some have said, nor is it as good as some have said. The wait staff works very hard. I did find it amusing each time I ordered hot chocolate, they made sure I knew they had to make it themselves. I stated thanking them for making it before they could tell me. The last night I was a guest of a friend at Cagney's. Very good dinner.

The shows were ok. First trip for the dance/singing group. Hopefully they will improve as they go. Really enjoyed Second City.

Attended both martini tastings. The first grouping I have had before. The second was new martini's that I have not had. Bar staff is wonderful. The pub crawl seemed to be lots of fun. They all walked through the casino and were having a blast.

Casino machines were very tight. Not surprising.

Disembarkemnt was a breeze. No waiting.

I am going on my fourth cruise (second with NCL) at the end of April. I give this cruise a B+.

Publication Date: 02/22/11