Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Lauren19

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A

First Time Cruiser Review
Overall the trip was fine. The food was amazing. I will say that I won't travel out of Baltimore again. It's 2.5 days until you get to another port and it's cold and windy the whole time. I knew it wasn't going to be sunny and warm in February, but I underestimated how much the weather impacted what you can do on the ship.

We didn't do many of the shows, but the variety show was fun. There's not much to do in the morning and the middle of the day when you're on the boat. Honestly I was lame and didn't stay up late enough to go to the comedy shows at night. We went to the Ivory Piano Bar one night, which was very entertaining. The tough part there was that there are zero smoke-free bars on the ship, which really bothered me.

We did spend a lot of time in the spa and gym. I'll start with the spa first. Absolutely every experience was wonderful. I got my hair done on the first elegant night, and a massage on the last day of the cruise. The gym was fine as well. Running on the treadmill is a little challenging when the boat is rocking back and forth so much, but it's doable. There's an area for free weights but a good area to simply stretch.

Publication Date: 02/21/11