Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Tybro

Member Name: Tybro
Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Mobile
Cabin Category: 6C

ELATION is the worst of the worst in almost every category
Let me start by saying I didn't expect a luxury cruise. I was well aware that I booked a bargain basement cruise out of Mobile and have enough experience to know that this isn't going to be a high end experience. The good news is that it's exactly what I expected.... A decent ship, with mediocre food, mediocre entertainment and lots of activities aimed at making you spend money. I STILL had a good time because I just like cruising and enjoyed the port, Cozumel, which is always awesome.

So here's the bad news..Even for a low end ship, this one has sunk to a new low. The food ranged from tasteless to unedible. The BEST meal I had was rated "okay". The buffet is a feeding frenzy of people who have no manners, touching the spoons and the dropping them back in the food, kids with dirty, sticky fingers touching everything. They hardly ever opened both sides of the buffet, so it was ALWAYS a long line. The food was usually such a poor choice, that many people chose the sandwich bar, which had only one poor guy making sandwiches for the entire cruise.

Service: We did not have assigned seating, so got different wait staff every day. The ranged from downright incompetent, to okay. Several of the staff we encountered seemed to actually be angry that they were there.

Cleanliness: BAD. Room was dirtier than most hotels I've stayed in. Whole ship just seems unclean.

Entertainment: Wow, what can I say. High school talent comes to Carnival.

So bottom line: The dirtiest ship, worst food, worst staff, worse entertainment of ANY cruise I've ever taken. As long as you aren't expecting much, you'll still have a good time.

Publication Date: 02/21/11