Costa Serena Cruise Review by JC123: Costa cruises lovely but you need to be Italian

JC123
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Costa Serena Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Costa cruises lovely but you need to be Italian

Sail Date: July 2009
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I went on holiday with my daughter, I thoughtly enjoyed it. It was a new experience.

Things that I wished I had known.

1. Do not miss the induction as they have an English speaking person telling you all about the activities and when they are in English.

2. Buy the drinks vouchers and the soft drink vouchers, I tend to drink alot of soft drinks and I wished that I had brought two lots.

3.Do not leave your cocktail glass that you purchased, dirty in your room you do not get it back.

4. Do not buy the spa treatments before the trip, they have specials.

5. I booked nearly all the excursions, they was good very expensive and some was not necessary.

6. The Italians do not queue.

7. The nightlife was all Italian DJ and songs.

Upload some films and music on your ipods

8. TV was in Italian.

Reading back it sounds very negative but it was not, we met up with some lovely people on our table, they More put all the English speaking people together. The guide excursion was in English. The staff spoke English. My room was an inside state room, but the sea air made us sleep.

The spa was to die for, I brought a ticket to attend the spa. Less

Read more Costa Serena cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Serena Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Serena Inside Cassiopea Deck

It was very quiet room. Quite spacious. Inside stateroom. They made fans with sheets.

The ice-cream is very good, the shopping was fabulous for larger size ladies. The buildings are very old and the pavement is stone it was very hot.

Istanbul was a very busy place, the shopping was excellent, I wished that I had a bigger bag. We went to the spice market, but I did not have time to go to the electrical market.

Read 259 Istanbul Reviews

My daughter loved Izmir she found the nicest belly button here, we manage to find presents for everyone at home here.

Read 153 Izmir Reviews

I loved the beach here, I would like to have a holiday here at a later date.

I loved Venician the glassware, and jewellery. St Martin square, the cafes and the ice cream. We walked all round Venice we went on the Gondalas

Read 509 Venice Reviews