MSC Poesia Cruise Review by glerkk: rude, rude, RUDE!

glerkk
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Southern Caribbean Cruises

rude, rude, RUDE!

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

My husband and I have done many cruises, but this is my first review. I tend to overlook a lot of deficiencies and always try to be positive.

I am making an exception since this was the WORST CRUISE WE HAVE EVER BEEN ON.

Embarkation was ok, lots of regimentation and moving from place to place, but it was OK.

As we got on the ship, we noticed that there was no "welcome aboard" from anyone, and the security people were the most unfriendly, unsmiling people I have ever seen. That continued for the entire trip. The key word to describe the majority of the staff was RUDE! This was especially true of the reception desk people and the Italian officers. They were downright unpleasant and consistently rude.

The buffets were horrible - poor food - terribly served - huge lines - everything about the buffets was terrible. We have never seen a buffet as bad.

We and the other couple who convinced us to go on MSC (we had read lots of bad reviews, but the More price was right - big mistake), had requested early sitting. When we got on, we both had late sitting. The Maitre D was less than helpful, and also very unpleasant. After a very large tip, he miraculously found us a table. Our Indonesian waiter was fine, but the food was second rate, and frequently cold. Our head waiter was a joke. He did nothing and got us nothing, even though we asked. Steaks were terrible - over cooked an tough. Breakfasts were poor with surly service.

I could go on go describe the lousy entertainment, incessant announcements in many language, poor cabin service (never ice unless we called), reception desk rudeness, small drinks, bad attitude of casino workers, etc., etc., but what is the point? We will NEVER go on MSC again. They have lost us.

BUYER BEWARE - STAY AWAY. From the emails we get from MSC, they seem to be aware of the bad reviews, and have been promoting their good reviews - but do not believe it. MSC IS A VERY BAD EXPERIENCE! Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>