Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by charles walker: excellent service but very expensive

charles walker
0 Post

excellent service but very expensive

Sail Date: January 2011

15 nights back to back cruise from Miami.

2000 passengers 900 crew. excellent service from crew. huge dining room seating about 600. you were asked to choose your selections for 6 to 8 courses covering about 17 choices all at the same time! As you started with your first choice the other courses were piling up at the distribution point so that if you were a slow eater some of the warm courses were not hot enough, the waiters worked very hard to make this work but I think that the system needs looking at.

The majority of the ports were morning arrivals and 2pm departures which did not give one much time to spend ashore.

On the plus side the shows on board were of a high standard though only one and a half hours. High class gym,plenty of pools and deck activities.

Cabins were roomy and in good condition.

One of the main causes of complaint were the surcharges, two and a half per.cent on all on board purchases(US Tax I think) and $11 per head More per day Hotel Service Charge (OK We should have read the small print).

One last point, I was told that Costa are the only company that take large group bookings, as far as I know there was only one incident but beware! Less

Read more Costa Atlantica cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Atlantica Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Atlantica Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah(Restricted View) I Clowns Deck 4199

Plentyof room very good

No public transport from the dock, taxi only. Big city,very heavy traffic obviously,we took a tour to the Everglades on our way to the airport.

Read 163 Miami Reviews

Millionaire's paradise, beautiful beaches, the usual high pressure shopping experience we leaving the landing this of course applies to the majority of cruise ports!

Read 2666 Nassau Reviews

We did go ashore here but it is not a good place to be fortunately there were plenty of helpful police about but I would not go ashore at night!

Our favourite Caribbean port,possibly as near as you can get to an unspoiled port, some of the most idyllic beaches in the Caribbean.

Read 502 Tortola Reviews