Carnival Spirit 5

“March 2010 Spirit Mex Riviera”
Cruise review of Carnival Spirit

chipq
Member Since 2011
2,292 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We departed San Diego on March 11, 2010 and had perfect weather all 8 days. The ship was beautiful and well maintained and staff was very helpful and friendly. The itinerary was two sea days, Acapulco, Zihuatenejo, Manzanillo and then two sea days.

The food served was very good overall. Now there was a meal or two that just did not wow me but considering the kitchen is feeding over 3,000 mouths continuously they still nailed more dishes than they missed. On a scale of 1 to 10 I give the food an 8.5.

The cruise director and her staff did a fine job keeping veryone entertained throughout the days. Though not the best I've had they still did fine. On the scale I give them a 7.

The weather as I said was perfect..10 on the scale and the wait staff around the pools I also give a 10.

Acapulco hs become a bit seedy over the years but Zihuatenejo was great. Stayed on board and had the ship nearly to ourselves in Manzanillo. Less

Carnival Spirit Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8C4227
Quiet location one floor above the Empire restaurant. Closet was just right for 2 adults and 2 kids. Had twins converted into a king and a sofa/bed with an upper. Kids loved the upper and had to take turns.

I have been to Acapulco quite a few times in the past 20 years and in my opinion it has gotten too crowded and Americanized. The main street along the beach has Wal-Mart and Target and US fast food places. To really get the beauty of the area you have to get out of town. The feel of the city is you are about as safe as you would be walking around in most US low income urban areas.

Read 180 Acapulco Reviews

Did not make it over to Ixtapa but had a great time strolling through Zihuatenjo shopping, checking out local food and beverage choices. Felt absolutely safe. The ship sailed as the sun was setting which made for great pictures and good time to have dinner out at the fan-tail pool.

Sorry, there did not appear to be much worth seeing in Manzanillo so we stayed aboard and had the pool nearly all to ourselves.

Published 02/21/11

Helpful? Thank chipq
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review

Carnival Spirit Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?