Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Winnterpeg: Is This The Cruise Ship For You?

Winnterpeg
Member Since 2007
2,324 Posts

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Is This The Cruise Ship For You?

Sail Date: February 2011

Boarded the ship in Miami at 1:00pm Smooth and flawless. Departed the ship eight days later at 7:00am, again flawless.

Having read only the neagitve reviews, I'll tell you that most of them are personal issues, and many are warrentless. By sheer numbers, the liklihood of someone finding SOMETHING to complain about will happen. Under normal circumstances (like if your OCD or a chronic whiner to begin with) you will be blown away by this ship and her crew. I read reviews about cold pools....yup, they start cool (probably 78F but warm up...about 82F fast.

She's clean and new, fresh and friendly. The promenade dances and party's are exciting and colorful. The DreamWorks experience is in the shows and themes. They do not push cartoon characters down your throat everytime you turn a corner. This is a kid friendly cruise, but not a kids cruise per say.

With a FULL SHIP, lines are minimal (less than a minute for a drink...anywhere, anytime)and there is no problem More with deck chairs. Yes they get hogged, but there's plenty more. Remember, full ship, and the Flowrider never had more than a five minute wait.

The crew are awesome. If your a decent passenger to begin with, and find yourself having a great time and smiling, the crew will enhance all of that. They are very fast to make friends...from the dining rooms to the room attendants. Our servers (Remzie and Yingt, both from Turkey) were a well balanced mix of gentlemen, professionals, comedians, magicians and did an outstanding job of treating us like family. They even hugged us on sight. These guys will be successful at everything they do after their time on cruise ships. Kudos to Royal for oustanding hiring practices.

Food quality is also great. Portions can seem a little small at times, but if you ask for more, more you shall have, and with a smile. The WindJammer has everything you need or want, and seating is like all Royal ships, there's lots but you have to look. As a note, I have no idea what coffee they use in the WJ, but it's awesome. Bold, fresh and hot. If your a TIM's or Starbuck fan, you'll like the coffee.

Entertainment was also top notch and produced (sound and lighting) with passion for the arts. Abracadabra (tribute to Abba) was awesome, as was the ice show with medalists and international competitors.

The staterooms are also exactly what you expect (typical of most ships). No problems with water, AC or heat and attended to with flair. Yes they do the folded animal towels but remember, this is not an expectation of the company, it's a little extra from attendants that know how to do it.

The stop in Labadee Haiti was great, with the exception of the BBQ. The food was good, but it was managed poorly as they did not fill empty pans quickly and lines grew fast. This is probably the only small flaw that I found on this cruise...but I can let that go in a second.

We cruised with two kids, 18 and 16 and they had a blast. We also met with a load of people from the CC board and our vacation was even better because of it. Our meet and mingle had a good turnout...100 out of 120 I think.

Overall, I would rate the entire experience a 10 out of 10.

I'll continue to read the nagatives, because I want to know what people are saying, but do what I do...take it with a grain of salt and think common sense. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 2322

Four of us, two adults and two teens in 2322. Unbeleivably small and cramped, but we expected this anyway, so no complaint here. You just need to MANAGE the space.