Ruby Princess 4

“Feb 6 Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Ruby Princess

feb6cruiser
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

The Princess Ruby is truly a beautiful ship but the rest of it was only so-so.

We chose to use the buffets for our dining except for Dress Up Night which was our 25th Anniversary (the reason for the cruise). The meal we had that night at Michael Angelo's was wonderful but the rest of time at the buffets was disappointing. Most of the time, by the time we found a place to sit, the food was only warm. My husband and I found the food to be very bland and found ourselves using more salt then we cared to.

We found just some of the crew members to be friendly and helpful...but most of them looked and acted like they weren't exactly thrilled with their jobs.

We had a mini-suite and it was beautiful, 2 TVS (don't really know why 2 are necessary on a cruise), a small refrigerator which was very handy to have and a full size couch in addition to a queen size bed. We also had a full tub with shower. Balcony had table, 2 chairs as well as 2 reclining chairs, perfect for More catching the sun on "at sea" days! Definitely worth getting.

We saw on crew member "helping" an elderly person to learn the new way of gambling with just your cruise card. I felt so bad for this lady because the crew member was very short with her and I'm sure he made her feel stupid for not "getting it" right away.

So all in all I have to say that if you are looking for all the bells and whistles on a ship then the Ruby Princess is a great choice but if you are looking for the fine food fair and great service then I would suggest you find another line to go to. Less

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: February 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

AA
great closet space, great balcony, across from elevator yet still very quiet.

Published 02/21/11

Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review

Ruby Princess Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?