Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Mary1951

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Mary1951
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: Mary1951
Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment Not Rated
Service Not Rated

Wonderful Lady
We are just back from 12 day leaving from Bayonne . First the embankment process was fast and effective we were in the terminal 5 minutes at the most . The stateroom was clean and well keep and our steward was very good , kept it spot less . The staff all over the ship were more then helpful,they are friendly and hard working , and I watched them take abuse from some of the passengers without flinching , that was hard for me as they do not deserve it , and I wanted to say something a couple of times . The windjammer is buffet but very eatable , it is not a five star , but once again the service was good . The main dinning room was excellent , I can not understand anyone that would say the food was terrible .The portofino was a big disappointment for me , I had reserved for Valentines day and found the waiter cold and even snippy and the food was under cooked , but that would be the only thing in 12 days that I disliked . The tours were good , the ports wonderful and the weather cooperated wonderfully . The people that said that this was the worst cruise ever , have to be very hard to please , and I doubt they will ever find

things to their taste. To get off the ship was also well organized and we were out of the terminal by 9 and back to our hotel to pick up car by 9:30 . All in all wonderful cruise and while she is 11 years old she is in wonderful shape and the Explorer still has a lot of time and pleasure to give . Meet some great people as well which is always a bonus when traveling .

Publication Date: 02/21/11