Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by NeedSunshine

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by NeedSunshine
Celebrity Eclipse
Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: NeedSunshine
Cruise Date: February 2011
Cabin Category: 2B
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Gorgeous ship, great staff, ho-hum entertainment
Ship exceeded our expectations in terms of beauty - it is without a doubt the most beautiful, (and in fact, we learned the most expensively adorned) ship on the sea today.

Staff, cabin, food, facilities were all wonderful. Individuals on the entertainment crew were great too. But half the shows were of mediocre quality, and if you want to dance or party at night to something other than do-wap - you might be out of luck.

We LOVE to dance. Each night, with the exception of the super-bowl night, that we walked past quasar, (the night club), it was E M P T Y. And...(this is what really set me off), one time we walked by during the time a show was getting out. How much traffic must have been walking by the nightclub? And can you guess the song the DJ was playing? Roberta Flack's "turn down the lights." To me that says: "Please don't come in here, you are feeling very sleepy..." LOL I have worked in Vegas for ten years as an event planner. I would fire that DJ so quickly!

Also, I wonder why, (and this is, again, from an event planners perspective), the GORGEOUS Sky14 seems under used. They did have a couple of afternoon dance classes in there. (During which, as one of 50 people in there, I walked up to the bar to get a beer and was told it was closed. Huh?)

The 2 days at sea had choices such as trivia or a steel pan band, or some pool games to watch. Not much for the fun-lover - more of the read-in-the-lounge-chair crowd.

All that said, I cannot even to BEGIN to describe to you how the Eclipse exceeds all expectations in regard to cleanliness, food quality, elegant beauty, warm professional service, roomy cabins and more. But if having some serious nightlife, (or even daylife) FUN is at the top of your list, this cruise may not be for you.

Know the good part of this? I was in bed and sound asleep each night by 10, and didn't have one headache. Arrived home well rested. Maybe I should count it as a blessing. I can always dance in Vegas. :-)

Publication Date: 02/19/11