Azamara Journey Cruise Review by Nutriosotoo: Journey 30JAN11 Panama Canal/Central America

Nutriosotoo
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Azamara Journey Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Journey 30JAN11 Panama Canal/Central America

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: San Diego

When I heard that Azamara had a new CEO and that he planned significant changes to an already superior product, I yawned. Heard that one before. Having just experienced the new product, however, all I can say is WOW! Azamara has, indeed, improved on it's product in many ways.

No nickle and diming with the inclusive fares. Service of every sort better than superior. Food the best of any cruise line we have sailed with. In fact, we felt that the food and selection in the main dining room was so good that we cancelled our reservations for the specialty restaurants. Seemed to be no point in going to them. We did arrange to have a "pairings" dinner with specially matched wines and courses which proved to be an excellent evening hosted by the Cruise Director, Tony. Various officers, including the Captain, stopped by the table to see what we were eating. The house wines were very fine. So much about this cruise was memorable. In fact, I have difficulty finding new adjectives to More describe Azamara so that I don't sound redundant. Well worth the price, I feel.

And providing the backdrop for all this was the Journey, the ex-Renaissance "R Six". We love the size and intimacy of the "R" ships. The perfect size.

So kudos to Mr. Pimental and to Captain Tysse. And to the Journey staff who served us so well, thank you. We especially thank Dumon, Luis and Melvin. You made the wonderful experience possible. Less

Read more Azamara Journey cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azamara Journey Review >>

Cabin review: Azamara Journey 7103

bathroom difficult to navigate in terms of size.