Dawn Princess Cruise Review by CARLTON BLUEBOY

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Dawn Princess Cruise Review by CARLTON BLUEBOY
Dawn Princess
Dawn Princess
Member Name: CARLTON BLUEBOY
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Melbourne
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: JJ
Cabin Number: C204
See More About: Dawn Princess Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Dawn Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Dawn Princess Deck Plans
First Time Cruiser
I was absolutely delighted at every aspect of my first cruise - from the efficiency at embarkation to disembarkation ( we were off the ship in Melbourne in under 10 minutes ),from the food to the first class entertainment, and the service and professionalism of all those involved. There were quite a few personnel on board who were more than happy to talk to you and it was a delight to talk to the head of security who had been at sea for some 32 years !. He was no stranger to the QE2 and was happy to discuss his many adventures on board ship. No secrets divulged. He was a professional

The cruise exceeded all my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who wants an enjoyable and hassle free holiday at very good value.

I had no problem with seasickness , the only downside for me was when the weather was rough, I could not sleep in my cabin. It was then that I found refuge on a couch in the Atrium Lounge on deck 7 !

To all the staff involved on the Dawn Princess you deserve a huge congratulations and thank you. You were fantastic - from Andre the Cruise Director, to Ian, Lisa and Pauline. Fun and friendly.

We urgently needed to make a change to our dining arrangements to accommodate my sister and her husband travelling with us from Canada. The MaitreD was fantastic and made the change on day 2. Nothing was too much trouble even to organising an Indian meal for five of the guests at our table.Our waiters at table 57 in the Florentine Dining Room - Paul and Roy - were attentive, polite and professional and an absolute credit to your organisation. We were happy to tip them generously and so were they.

My sister has been on many cruises in America but she confessed that the entertainment on the Dawn Princess was the best . The shows were spectacular and what a stroke of genius it was to give Tom Franek his own show in the Princess Theatre !. Everyone enjoyed his late evening performances in the Atrium Lounge. Thanks and well done Tom.

The shore excursions were very well organised and the facilities at each port to get into town were excellent. New Zealanders can be very proud of how they treat their visitors. We were treated with friendliness and courtesy at all times . They make you want to come back. Some big Australian cities can learn a thing or two from Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland.

The food at all venues was superb and the special desserts to die for. We experienced no problems but maybe we paced ourselves correctly.

I am pleased to say that I never lost at the Casino and thank you to Gina the Cashier who always had a smile and a cheery word.

Staff at reception were very efficient and polite

It took us a while to get used to constantly having our photographs taken, but we did get some great memories . Thanks to all the staff at the photo centre.

All in all a fantastic experience but it is with some nervousness that I look forward to the next trip. If only that boat did not rock so much in bad weather I would be on it again tomorrow. !

Thank you everyone for a memorable trip.

Publication Date: 02/18/11