Disney Dream Cruise Review by elanf: Great first cruise experience

Overall Member Rating

Great first cruise experience

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

I have traveled the world but never been on cruise - nor did I ever thing I would want to. Now with two kids (a three year old and a seven month old), the idea of a turn-key family vacation where everything is taken care of for me - suddenly was appealing. I learned about the brand new Disney Dream and with all it had to offer plus Mickey Mouse and friends - it seemed like the a good choice.

Our Deluxe Family Stateroom with Veranda was comfortable even with two little kids. The bed was extremely comfortable - I never sleep well in most hotels but slept like a baby on the aptly named "Dream". The veranda was nice and a good place to privately enjoy the ocean with a book.

Food was overall was very good and exceeded my expectation. I was expecting something like catering hall or wedding food, but this was way better. The dinner at the Royal Palace was by far the best meal, and was of the caliber of a good "downtown" restaurant in the major city of your choice. The More other restaurants were good too. The breakfast and lunches were better than most hotels.

The baby spent good parts of the day in nursery which was great and she was well cared for there. The staff there seemed to really enjoy being the babies. My three year old resisted going to the kids club, and we gave in too easily as there were lots of activities there she would have enjoyed.

The Aqua Duck was more fun than expected. When I heard about I initially dismissed it as a gimmick, but it was actually pretty cool. The pool deck overall was bit crowded but still enjoyable.

The highlight of the cruise by far was the day spent at Castaway Cay. Its impossible to be there and not relax. The beach there is amazing and the water very inviting. We thoroughly enjoyed spending the day playing in the sand and water.

Overall - the Disney Dream was a great first cruise experience and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good family vacation. Less

Published 02/18/11