Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by fsuhockette: Best. Vacation. Ever!

fsuhockette
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best. Vacation. Ever!

Sail Date: September 2010

We arrived in Miami the morning prior to the cruise. We had booked at room at the Intercontinental Miami prior to boarding. Very nice hotel - good dining nearby as well as a convenience store for soda and last minute items. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner at Garcia's the night before and then the morning of took our time getting up and around and ready to go. We were at the docks as soon as we were able to begin boarding - we were eager!

We have cruised before on Princess and Carnival and were not thrilled with either so we weren't sure what to think. This would either make or break cruising for us. As soon as we boarded we were enamored! Our first stop was the spa for a tour and me booking a bamboo massage. After that we met up with another couple we'd met via NCL's FB page and headed to O'Sheehans. After a quick bite we changed into our bathing suits and hit the pools and slides. We loved them all and had no lines to wait in! Finally it was time to go to our rooms - lovely! More The room was gorgeous. The views amazing. We were in love with NCL from the start!

I wish I could remember what the order was the restaurants we ate in but we ate in the following and did the following things. I'll just move forward from there since its all a bit blurred:

Cagney's - not as impressed as what I thought I'd be. We'd heard amazing things. The service was great, the presentation beautiful but I guess maybe I'm just not a red meat kinda girl enough to thoroughly enjoy it.

Moderno - fabulous martinis! Great food. Be careful though - you might fill up too much on the salad bar to really enjoy all the offerings! We left stuffed - not to worry though - we had the White Hot Party to dance it all off at. :)

Le Bistro - my ultimate favorite! Its one I will return again to without doubt. I like to think I'm a bit of a foodie and the food here was just a notch above anything else we had on board!

Taste - we only ate lunch here once - it was spectacular and we meant to go back but never made it again...too many options.

Noodle Bar - we had a lunch here and thought it was great - same as Taste though - we only made it once.

O'Sheehans - I think I ate my weight in wings in a week. Ha! The food was great at all hours but we really enjoyed it late night.

Wasabi - was our only bad dining experience on board which was quickly fixed by staff. All is well.

La Cucina - was fabulous. We dined here our last night - at sunset pulling out of Nassau. It was a freebie to make up for our lousy meal at Wasabi. A great bottle of wine and a lovely meal were the best part of Nassau.

Epic Club - our friends were in a suite and took us there with them. The food was sooooo! good that I wish we could afford a suite just for the ability to dine here (and enjoy the private facilities, of course)!

Spa - I had a bamboo massage and it was, by far, the best massage ever. I ended up with a few bruises but it was well worth the pain to have my muscles as limber as they were post massage. Next cruise I will have the same treatment. Loved it!

Ice Bar - I had to drag my husband to go - but once there we both thought it was wonderful. Good strong drinks, awesome photo ops, and only $20! A great start to the night!

BMG - We'd seen them before - and again they didn't disappoint.

Legends - it was good - not really our thing but we enjoyed it none the less.

Jeff Hobson - HILARIOUS! Don't miss him!

Howl at the Moon - we only got to catch a few minutes...next time we'll catch more.

Cirque Dreams - was fabulous! The only negative was the rude family who got there late and expected us to move to chairs so our back faced the show - didn't happen. They also continued to talk, loudly, thru the entire show and proceeded to get up and leave early. What pills! The food was great as was the show. We'd go again.

We also bowled, hung out at Bliss, Spice, etc. Loved it all. No negatives.

Our cabin was gorgeous, our steward attentive. We never met anyone who treated us like a bother, the food was spectacular and overall we had a fabulous time. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot more but this boat is so big you'd have to journal every minute to remember it all. Because of this we booked to go again in February 2012...and I'm already counting down the days! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 14 13278

Great room. Amazing views. Quiet location. Loads of noise and vibration when docking but the views while in port certainly make up for the early wake up call.

YUCK! Next time we'd not get off the boat. We did go to Two Brothers for lunch and drinks and that was the only positive we saw about this stop. Next time we'll enjoy a quiet ship and cheap(er) spa offerings instead.

Read 2608 Nassau Reviews

We did a group tour thru our Roll Call and wouldn't do it again. We were too tied to a schedule and only got to do things for small amounts of time. Next time we'll spend more time at Maho Beach - cheap drinks/food at the bar there and loads of entertainment!

We sailed with Fury Charters and LOVED it. We highly recommend them. Small boat, no one else in the area when we arrived, saw lots of sea turtles among other things and the rum punch was super good on the way back. So much we had to hang out and not do anything else in St. Thomas but nap. :)

Read 2318 St. Thomas Reviews