MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Cruiserannual

Member Name: Cruiserannual
Cruise Date: February 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 9
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Average at best
Just got back from a cruise on the MSC Poescia. 8 days and 7 nights through the Southern Carribbean. First I would like to say that boarding the ship was very good and entering our room quickly with luggage there was quite impressive. But that is where I will stop.

The service help on the ship was terrible. There was minimal staff that was never around when you wanted something. You had to chase people down for drinks. What I found incredible was that no one smiled! It was the most depressing staff I have ever experienced. Staff was very, very rude and not helpful at all.

We had to ask for ice everyday along with clean glasses for our room. I was not impressed with any of the staff on this ship. Except one young gentleman that worked in the casino (that actually remembered what I was drinking and actually smiled a bit).

The ports were very, very short and we really had no time to really enjoy two of the three ports.

The ships appearance along with the lounges and theatres was very beautiful however,never being fully utilized. There were some decent shows and some music playing in some of the lounges, but it became a ghost town by 10pm?

The casino was one of the worst and smallest I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

The animation team always does a great job with the on deck entertainment and some of the evening activities.

This particular cruise was primarily 85% over the age of 65, so that can explain some of the issues that I had. However, I will never again cruise on this particular ship.

The food in the dining room was good, but the buffet was always the same; ugghh! The hours on the ship to actually aquire some food was very tight. I ate a lot of pizza ! The only thing available after 9:00pm! So be sure to eat early and when you're not hungry to assure that there will be something for you to eat. Room service was available, but could only get tuna, eggsalad and chicken salad sandwiches? I thought this was an italian cruise line?

Thank goodness that the weather was great except for one day. If you eat early, get up early and want nothing to do but sit in the sun...this is the cruise for you. If you want some dancing and entertainment;and want to sleep in a couple of days... I do not recommend this ship.

Publication Date: 02/17/11