Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by elybeck: Allure of the Seas - Charter sailing

elybeck
Member Since 2008
1 Post

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure of the Seas - Charter sailing

Sail Date: February 2011

Please note, this is a review of the Allure of the Seas, Atlantis charter. I'll refrain from commenting on Atlantis specific entertainment, etc. as that would not apply to you.

Departure process in Fort Lauderdale was excellent. Rented a car a couple days before from National/Alamo, took the free shuttle to the ship upon returning the car to the airport. Allure was the first stop. Proceeded very directly into check in, no line, and only a short line getting on board. No free glass of champagne, unlike Celebrity. Already missed Celebrity.

Stateroom was very clean and smelled very fresh. We had the central park view. Our couch was seperated from the window seat. Did not like this - would prefer the other orientation. Met our wonderful stateroom attendant, forgot to ask to clean out the minibar fridge for the water/soft drinks we brought onboard. Security delivered all bags, except for the one containing a case of water, but no problems once we went down to guest More relations to claim it. Asked our stateroom attendant to clean out the fridge, and we then had to ask the minibar attendant to do it, but it was done for us. Let me mention one more time, best stateroom attendant on the five cruises I have taken (4 RCCL, 1 Celebrity).

As there are no fixed dining times on the Atlantis charter, we went to the dining room, and really received terrible service the first night. No toppings offered for a baked potato, took forever to get my glass of wine, tasted it, and didn't like it. Never got asked anything, was served appetizer, then a main, and finally flagged someone down because my seapass hadn't come back, and I didn't want it... By that time I was almost finished with my entree. I refused to sign for the wine. It did appear on my account, but was removed when I asked last afternoon of the cruise at guest relations. The service speed did improve the other two times in the main dining room, but just don't care for the main dining room food.

The mainstage show Chicago was the best I've seen of course on a cruise ship. A great show, for adults. Also saw the Aquatheatre show, which was good, but not something I'd see again over the other great entertainment going on.

Had a wonderful experience at Chef's table. Its $75, but the wine alone was worth the $75. Full pours of four different wines, plus an after dinner drink. If you don't drink wine, I don't think this is for you. The menu is consistent to what I've read on the discussion boards, food was very good, and the service was exceptional. This was the best experience of the week.

Ate at 150 Central Park - good, but the service was v-e-r-y slow paced. I think we were still hungry when we finished, because it was 3 hours later. Our reservation was at 7pm, so that ruled out seeing a 9:30 show. The food was not better than Chef's table and we passed on the expensive wine pairing. Would have preferred Chops, missed that this trip.

We had wonderful tapas at Vintages, and nice wine flights. Service again not fast, but thats one place we didn't need to hurry. Wish we had done that the first night! Would have gone back.

The hot dogs were tasty mid day snacks. The windjammer was small, and almost always packed, but at least you can get in and out of there quickly.

Overall, great ship. Huge. Blisters from too much walking, or maybe my new shoes. The problem we had was there was too much to do, and too little time. Can't believe, I prefer having less options! Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Central Park view Stateroom Deck 9

Just walked around, looked at shops.

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

Went over to Marigot, big mess, nice market, but a long ride over and back. Then went back to the ship, had lunch. Then water taxi over to Philipsburg. Liked that, went in the yoda guy shop, that was interesting. Slightly better duty free prices than St. Thomas, we thought.

Just walked around, looked at shops.

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews