Disney Dream Cruise Review by mnschomaker

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Dream lived up to it's name. A total dream.
This was our first cruise. I have always been reluctant to trying a Disney Cruise because all that came to mind was being stuck on a boat with thousands of amped up kids. Boy was I wrong....

First of all, we did all of our planning through DCL. They took care of everything! The only stress we had was getting to the airport, the rest was all taken care of. We breezed onto the ship and were greeted like royalty. The atrium is breathtaking. I wondered if I had boarded the right ship since I expected a frenzy of characters and kids. Nope, none here. It was very relaxed. Our room wasn't ready so we were instructed to go up to Cabanas for a quick lunch. It was great. For a buffet, the food was beyond what we had expected.

After a pleasant meal we entered our room. It was AWESOME. Our room was plenty big (299 sq ft) for the 4 of us. Everything was perfect. And the two bathrooms are genius. I was impressed by how comfy our bed was. I was expecting a flat, miserable bedspread not a fluffy down comforter. My only complaint was that our room was warmer than we would like. In hindsight, we should have said something but then again it wasn't like it was unbearable or anything. I was also pleasantly surprised by how quiet our room was the entire time. We never heard anything. Our stateroom host, Ed, was wonderful. We left feeling like we just needed to give him so much more. He was very attentive to us and spoiled us silly.

The main restaurants were fabulous. We loved Animators Palate the most. Most are too shy to get involved, but you really should. It is a lot of fun. Not to ruin it but the microphones are hidden in your table. Just speak up and enjoy it!! The food and service at all were above and beyond expectations. The kids menu/food was a little blah but that wasn't a huge deal. Much of the time the kiddo's were too tired to even eat. The kids loved asking for ketchup, which was always poured on a plate for them in what else, Mickey's shape.

The Oceaneers Club/Lab was awesome, or so we heard. It took a day for our kids to truly get comfortable with it. But now, you could leave them there a week and I don't think they'd notice we were gone! We were able to take advantage of the adult-only clubs. Our favorite was actually the Vista Cafe. They make a beautiful coffee and a superb martini. Sean was always our server there - we enjoyed many great conversations with him.

This ship was breathtaking. We were amazed by the fact that with so many on board, we never ever felt like it was crowded. Many nights we saw only 1-2 couples in a night club or walked deck 4, with no one else around.

Let's just say, we were miserable coming home. The thought of waiting a whole year till our next cruise really stinks. Book yours today, and do it through Disney. It is worth it!

Publication Date: 02/16/11