Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by MARI2011: Pleasantly Surprised
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
* Background Information: First-time Cruise. We wanted to see if this is something we would enjoy and we did!
* Activities - As a first-time cruiser, the activities seem fine. The newsletter was very helpful in deciding what to do and where to go.
* Service - was excellent and friendly!
* Summary - The buffet had lots of delicious food to choose from and was excellent. We liked the idea of making reservations early on if wanted to eat at a restaurant. This gave us the opportunity to agree on a time and place with the other couple we went with in case we split to other different activities. The Dinner at the La Cucina, italian restaurant was excellent and the service was excellent. However, we think that we made the mistake of not leaving a nice tip thinking that this may have been covered already. We are still not sure. Hate to think that we did. The rooms were very clean. It was nice to see how important cleanliness was to NCL. Hand sanitizers everywhere. More With all those people, it would be easy to catch something if you are not careful.
* Stateroom - was very clean. I am glad we had a picture window.
* Dining - was excellent.
* Entertainment - it was fine - as a first time cruiser.
* Disembarkation - it was nice to know via the tv and the bill left at door that everything was fine and all we had to do is scan our NCL card to get permission to leave with no hassle.
Everything seemed organized and I like the idea of not waiting on long lines for very long. It's just too bad my brother did not get upgraded to a room with at least a window in it. Enjoyed it! Less
Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>
One giant 3-day floating party...
Get what you pay for and more!...
European Capitals Cruise Azama...
Love the Gem
Very good value, convenient de...
Amazing Cruise & Staff