Ocean Princess Cruise Review by Oakville: South China Sea Explorer
Member Since 2004
Compare Prices on Ocean Princess Asia Cruises
South China Sea Explorer
Things I Really Liked:
1. a delightful port intensive itinerary with a wonderful overnight in Honk Kong.
2. lots and lots of seafood including lobster, crab and great big shrimp. No skimping.
3. a free upgrade to a balcony. Thank you Princess!
4. a very high quality enrichment lecturer whose audience grew daily.
5. a port consultant who was truly informative and not an extension of the excursion sales department.
6. the Princess no hassle wine and beer policy for stateroom consumption. I was surprised at the number of couples that enjoyed having a glass of wine together in their stateroom while getting ready for dinner.
7. the extensive visa and other entry paperwork that Princess did on our behalf.
8. less hard sell and cross sell and up sell than other cruise lines that we have used recently.
9. washers and dryers on board.
10. free port shuttles for independent travelers that were not on the More Princess tours.
11. the good attitude of the staff who really tried to please.
12. the small ship experience.
Room for Improvement:
1. some of the ports in Bangkok and Vietnam were really far from the main city or sights which cut down on the visiting time. Princess should consider overnighting in these ports.
2. an affordable dining room wine package would have been nice. However, to Princess' credit, they did not try the old stunt of "running out" of affordable wines after the first couple days.
Am I absolutely hooked on Princess? No, but for future cruises with similar interesting itineraries and prices, I would give Princess a definite edge over the competition. Less
Read more Ocean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ocean Princess Review >>