Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by MsB1254

Celebrity Equinox
Member Name: MsB1254
Cruise Date: January 2011
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Equinox Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

One of my favorite cruises!
We were a group of three couples meeting for the cruise. Four of us left from Dulles Internation Airport in Washington, DC. The other couple took the train from Greensboro, NC to Ft. Lauderdale. We all arrived the evening before sailing and stayed at the Cambria Suites. We signed up for the hotel shuttle to the cruise port and this worked out very well. We arrived at the port around 11:00 a.m., dropped our luggage and walked right through to check in. We were seated about 20 minutes and we were on the ship by about 11:30 a.m.

The first order of business for us was to visit the dining room to see about changing one couple from Blu to the main dining so we could all sit together. We were the 2nd people in line to request a change. Four of us were in conceige class and two were in aqua class in order to get a handicap accessible room to accommodate his scooter rental. We were all asigned to a new table in early seating. However, when we arrived that night two people were already at the table for six. After about 15 to 20 minutes they were relocated to a different table and all was well.

After that it was on to the buffet lunch and and the rooms were all ready as promised at 1:00 p.m. Everyone had received their luggage before the muster drill which was fairly painless and we were not required to take the life jackets.

The first day was the first formal night and we did see the circus style show The Equinox which we all enjoyed. I thought the food in the main dining room was as good or even better than any cruise ship I have previously been on. The dining room staff worked really hard to try to please everyone. We also tried both Tuscan Grill and Murano and thought that they were both excellent in food and service. That being said our entire party of six agreed that our personal favorite was Tuscan Grill.

Just a few last thoughts. This was a great cruise and a beautiful ship and crew. I don't know how anyone could fail to enjoy it. Two of our group are smokers and found that the designated smoking areas were adequate so this was not a problem for them. This particular cruise was primarily a middle aged to older crowd with very few children on board. In our group of six the ages ranged from 48 to 65 and I think we all felt right at home. I wondered if the 11 days would be a little long but I think most of us enjoyed having the extra time to unwind and relax. I think next year I will probably stick with the Caribbean but try a 14 day itinery. Non of us thought Aqua class would be worth it for us since we all enjoyed the main dining room. I would recommend this ship and itinerary to anyone thinking about it. Go and have a great time. It was my first but will not be my last cruise on a Celebrity ship.

Publication Date: 02/15/11