Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Brian B

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Brian B
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Brian B
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: Q
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Time on Enchantment of the Seas
I'll keep this brief but informative...

Arrived Baltimore cruise terminal about 12:30 on Saturday. Embarkation was smooth with many cruise employees available to make it quick and painless.

Our stateroom was "steerage", that is interior lower level. As this was our fourth cruise... we knew what to expect...small but functional. We got a great deal and it was perfect for my wife and me. BTW, the bed was incredibly comfortable.

I strongly suggest the "My Time Dining" option. We walked into My Fair Lady Dining Room every night around 6:00, went to our private table and began our dining experience. The food was super, many options and multiple servings of anything and everything was encouraged by our waiter. Several nights I had two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts. Some portion sizes were less than I remember but who cares when it is an all you can eat experience. We did eat dinner in the Windjammer once because I saw a sushi bar that I couldn't resist. If you like sushi, this is a great option.

Cococay was the BEST day of the cruise. We jet skied and just hung out on the beach. If you are at all adventurous, please trust me and go on the jet ski tour. You will not regret it!!

The shows on board in the Orpheum Theater were very good, not great. Hey, this ain't Broadway or Vegas. The Royal Caribbean performers danced and sang their little hearts out. It's not their fault I didn't know one single song. Get a drink, sit back and just enjoy it! The comedy team of John Joseph and Johnny B were hilarious.

We made it to the Solareum's pizza, fries, burgers and dogs a few nights around midnight. It does not disappoint.

I learned to play craps the first night of the cruise and spent time bonding with fellow gamblers around the table. If you are of that mind, take the time to learn a game or two that interests you.

The last night of our cruise was the Super Bowl. The ship had the game on in four lounges. We watched it in the Spotlight Lounge and they were kind enough to provide all the fixings for nachos and hot dogs. At the end of nine days of eating scrumptious food, one night of nachos, dogs and football seemed like a fitting end to a great vacation.

Disembarkation was equally painless, albeit depressing.

You've probably heard that cruises are for "Newlyweds, mostly deads and overfeds" and there were a lot of the latter two on our vacation. My wife and I focused on each other and making the most of our time together. This is going to be what you make it, so make it a great vacation! We did!!

Publication Date: 02/15/11