Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by phoenixPHXjrb: Very Nice Cruise Experience. Would cruise again on this ship

phoenixPHXjrb
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Serenade of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

Very Nice Cruise Experience. Would cruise again on this ship

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

This Cruise was my 4th Cruise, my 2nd with Royal Caribbean and I have been on Norwegian and Celebrity in the past. All of my cruises have been very nice.

For this cruise, we were in Orlando before the cruise. We flew into San Juan on the same day the cruise departed. Once we arrived in San Juan which was around 3:30, we got a taxi to the pier which cost about $25 and boarded. The boarding process had alot of security screenings, so be prepared to but put your bags up for alot of screenings. But all of that is done with and your vacation begins. We were able to bring our small suitcases and bags onboard. The earlier you give them your bags to be sent to your room the earlier it will be at your door. We got ours before 6PM which was when our dinner was.

The ship was very nice inside. What this ship had and most Royal Caribbean ships have is a really nice Centrum. This ship had a very nice centrum. The ship was clean and the workers did a great job keeping the ship More clean as far as draining the pools occasionally to clean.

We ate breakfast at the Windjammer Cafe which is on Deck 11. They had a great selection of food and I thought the food was great. We also ate lunch at the Sea View Cafe on Deck 12 on the back of the ship was very good too.

We had the 6:00 dining. The dining was spectacular. The food was excellent and great dining room service and staff. You cant ask for a better service. Very pleased with the dining room food and staff. They had an excellent selection of food on the menu every night. The dining was my favorite part of the cruise.

The ship's pool deck had 2 hot tubs and 1 pool. If it gets crowded, it is almost impossible to find a place. There is also the Solarium which is the inside pool for Age 16+. The Kids Pool is on Deck 12 which has a water slide and other kids activities.

Our stateroom was nice, and our attendant did a great job of keeping the room clean. It was a little tiny, the "phone booth" showers made it a little hard but it was easy to get used to. If you have 4 people I would recommend getting a big oceanview room or 2 rooms. Overall the staterooms were acceptable.

We went to the mini golf a few times on Deck 13. It was a poor designed course and is very hard to play on. The rock climbing wall is also on Deck 13. I did not do that but it looks very cool. The Sports Court is on Deck 12 which has basketball and soccer. Me and my brother went there every night and they kept it clean very well.

We went to a magic show/comedy (not really for children) in the Tropical Theater on Deck 5. It was very good and the entertainer was very funny. My mom and dad went to a dance show and said it was good.

One thing on Royal Caribbean is that the service is very good and

this cruise was very nice and would recommend to a friend and can most likely be on this ship again in the future. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Large Oceanview Stateroom Deck 2 4524

Barbados has very nice beaches to go to but not much to do downtown and was a little dirty. We went to the Boatyard which is a nice beach which is $12 per person and includes a free drink, access to the Ice Berg and trampolines, the rope swing, and chairs. The vendors on the beach will never quit nagging you. The best thing to do is tell them, No I will do it when I'm ready. Me and my brother wanted 30 minutes on a jet ski and was not ready and told them to leave and kept nagging my parents on the beach. The guys fight because they do not work together. It was a disaster but was worth it when we went out to ride. I saw some sea turtles popping their heads on the surface, look out for them. They are pretty cool to see.

Read 703 Barbados Reviews

We had a taxi driver give us a tour of the island for $15 per person. He was a very nice guy and the people in Dominica are very friendly. The island is very green and jungle like. The scenery was spectacular. We went to the sulfur springs and the hot springs. An island tour is a very good thing to do in Dominica.

Read 491 Dominica Reviews

San Juan is a very beautiful place to visit. The forts and other history that is there is very interesting. Old San Juan is the nicest to walk around. It would be very hard if you do not know Spanish if visiting there. They are very weak in English but some of the younger women speak English.

Read 1362 San Juan Reviews

We have visited St. Kitts before and went to the Marriott Resort which is on the Atlantic side. The taxi driver took us to a beach just down the road from there that was on the Caribbean side which was great for snorkeling and there was places to buy food and drink. The downtown Basseterre area is very nice with plenty of shops.

St. Maarten is a very nice place to visit. The ships dock about a mile walk from downtown Philipsburg or you can take a water taxi for $6 but that gets you unlimited rides for the day. We went to Maho Beach which is where the airport is to watch the planes takeoff and land. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen! If you are a plane person like me, you cant miss Maho Beach. A taxi can take you there or you can catch a bus for $2 pp.

We went to Cane Garden Beach and we shared a taxi with someone there and is a very steep and winding ride up the mountain. The town area is ok, not much to do and a little dirty. The beaches are the best thing to do here. Can Garden Beach was very nice with drink stands.

Read 501 Tortola Reviews