Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by phoenixPHXjrb

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by phoenixPHXjrb
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: phoenixPHXjrb
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Very Nice Cruise Experience. Would cruise again on this ship
This Cruise was my 4th Cruise, my 2nd with Royal Caribbean and I have been on Norwegian and Celebrity in the past. All of my cruises have been very nice.

For this cruise, we were in Orlando before the cruise. We flew into San Juan on the same day the cruise departed. Once we arrived in San Juan which was around 3:30, we got a taxi to the pier which cost about $25 and boarded. The boarding process had alot of security screenings, so be prepared to but put your bags up for alot of screenings. But all of that is done with and your vacation begins. We were able to bring our small suitcases and bags onboard. The earlier you give them your bags to be sent to your room the earlier it will be at your door. We got ours before 6PM which was when our dinner was.

The ship was very nice inside. What this ship had and most Royal Caribbean ships have is a really nice Centrum. This ship had a very nice centrum. The ship was clean and the workers did a great job keeping the ship clean as far as draining the pools occasionally to clean.

We ate breakfast at the Windjammer Cafe which is on Deck 11. They had a great selection of food and I thought the food was great. We also ate lunch at the Sea View Cafe on Deck 12 on the back of the ship was very good too.

We had the 6:00 dining. The dining was spectacular. The food was excellent and great dining room service and staff. You cant ask for a better service. Very pleased with the dining room food and staff. They had an excellent selection of food on the menu every night. The dining was my favorite part of the cruise.

The ship's pool deck had 2 hot tubs and 1 pool. If it gets crowded, it is almost impossible to find a place. There is also the Solarium which is the inside pool for Age 16+. The Kids Pool is on Deck 12 which has a water slide and other kids activities.

Our stateroom was nice, and our attendant did a great job of keeping the room clean. It was a little tiny, the "phone booth" showers made it a little hard but it was easy to get used to. If you have 4 people I would recommend getting a big oceanview room or 2 rooms. Overall the staterooms were acceptable.

We went to the mini golf a few times on Deck 13. It was a poor designed course and is very hard to play on. The rock climbing wall is also on Deck 13. I did not do that but it looks very cool. The Sports Court is on Deck 12 which has basketball and soccer. Me and my brother went there every night and they kept it clean very well.

We went to a magic show/comedy (not really for children) in the Tropical Theater on Deck 5. It was very good and the entertainer was very funny. My mom and dad went to a dance show and said it was good.

One thing on Royal Caribbean is that the service is very good and

this cruise was very nice and would recommend to a friend and can most likely be on this ship again in the future.

Publication Date: 02/13/11
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by phoenixPHXjrb
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews