Sea Princess Cruise Review by jaxw17

Embarkation: Barbados
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: J
Cabin Number: c740
See More About: Sea Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated

Ship Facts: Sea Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sea Princess Deck Plans
Well I thought that I had seen it all
We booked in December to go on a Caribbean cruise with sea princess in January. We have cruised before with M.S.C, Celebrity and years ago with a cheaper tour operator around the Med.

I would consider us to be very well travelled and have spent time in Europe, Africa and an extensive time in the far east as well as the Caribbean.

I was looking forward to the cruise as we had had a hectic time at home and were ready for a break.

We flew with first choice and I was disappointed to see that it was this plane as we had had 2 horrendous flights with them in the past. The flight was excellent and cannot fault the crew or service.

We arrived in Barbados to a swift transfer to the pier. We boarded swiftly and was soon in our cabin.It was an inside cabin all that I could get when we booked. I was on first examination a little disappointed I find that after that journey anyway it does not take long to be disappointed.

The cruise just went better and better.

Highlights for us were:

Chefs table: please don't miss out on this for $75 each it is amazing value with the finest of food wines and service and a real insight into the working of the food preparation and feeling like you have been waited on like royalty.

Movies under the stars: we loved this as something different.

Wine: we spent a lot on wine on the ship our bar bill was of magnificent proportions but we were allowed and did bring wine on from every port.

Coffee: word if warning if you like coffee bring a jar of your own as we did the coffee on board is awful.

We wish there were tea and coffee making facilities in the room and lots of others felt this way too.

The photos on ship are a really steep price if they lowered the price of these they would sell much more.

We enjoyed any time ding and played Russian roulette with our dining companions sometimes a hoot and others losing the will to live but the latter less so.

We are not keen on Tabago or Grenada and Jamacia means running the gauntlet through the throngs of tour sellers and the like.

Aruba for diamond I was lucky that my husband treat me to a superb diamond ring here. On returning to the UK I have had it valued at double the price.

Best cruise and in fact in the running for the best holiday ever. Would we cruise Princess again that would be a no hesitation yes.

Publication Date: 02/15/11