Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Wilken: Norwegian Epic- Awesome!

Wilken
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Epic- Awesome!

Sail Date: January 2011

We sailed on the Norwegian Epic January 29 through February 5th, 2011. I booked this cruise directly through NCL. They were friendly and helpful from the start to the finish. I called back a few times to ask questions and they always were gracious and kind over the phone.

We started our day off with getting from the hotel to the airport for our transfers. We stayed at the Miami Hilton Airport. (this hotel is ok for 1 night rooms were fine bed comfortable) We left the airport for the port at about 10:30a in the morning,we got to the port and through security with no problem at all. We were placed in a comfortable waiting area to wait until the ship was ready to board. We boarded the ship about 12:00p and were instructed to go to the garden cafe(buffet) on the 14th floor of the ship to have a bite to eat prior to getting our rooms. After eating we are allowed to roam the ship and to explore.

We were in a balcony room on the 13th floor, yes the room is a bit small, More but true-fully how often are you in your room other than to sleep. I have read numerous reviews on this site and people are complaining about the sink and bathroom areas. First of all the sink does not overrun and I turned it on full blast and it is fine. The bathroom and shower are separate from each other but it does work. Storage is truly amazing. Our room steward (Selvin) was the best, always smiling and made the neatest animals out of the towels, Thanks Selvin for everything.

The food: we ate at Cagneys and LuCinos,the Manhattan room, O'Sheegans,and the Garden cafe. I can not complain at all about any of the food. It was all wonderful. Make sure if you dine at a restaurant that you pay extra for, read the menu very carefully, they charge an up charge on top of the extra charge for eating certain items (i.e surf and turf).

The entertainment: We saw the Blue Man group,Legends,Second City,Jeff ? the comedian,Howl at the moon. Everything was great, funny. We did reserve ahead of time for all the dinners and shows, I do recommend this. We NEVER had to stand in line for any length of time to enter the theater or restaurant, everything moved smoothly.

Paul Scalley was our cruise director, he was funny,and I am sure quite busy, did not feel that around much unless he was doing his *act* I felt that he was un-approchable and rude to his fellow co-workers.

Overall the cruise was a great experience and I would definitely cruise again with NCL. Taking a vacation is what you put into it. If you are expecting to be treated like royalty,but are not paying for it, you are expecting to much. Remember the people on the cruise are there to see that you have a good time, if you are rude and mean to them do you truly expect them to bend over backwards to see that you enjoy your vacation. Never did we ever leave our room regardless of the time of day, did we not meet a NCL worker who did not say hello. There training program must be top notch. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Family Balcony Stateroom Deck 11 13158

Cabin was small, but it worked. You are not in your room much anyways.

Did not like the bahamas. They were very in your face, trying to get you to take a taxi or some sort of excursion. Did not feel safe there, felt very watched.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews