Norwegian Star Cruise Review by brendasunam

Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: IF
See More About: Norwegian Star Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Panama Canal
We just went on the Panama Canal Cruise which began in Miami and ended in Los Angelos. We always wanted to go through the Panama Canal and it was well worth it. NCL was a great ship. Everything was immaculate and we liked the "freestyle cruising". We ate when we wanted to. The food was good. The dessert were okay, but could have been better. I enjoyed Costa Rica the best. It also seemed safer than the other ports in Mexico as they didn't have guards with guns all over the port. In Cabo San Luca , we went whale watching with one of the locals offering trips and it was very nice. I would go again. I highly recommend NCL.

The only two things that disappointed me was that my postcards, mailed in Huataluco never got to anyone and I have been home a few weeks already! The other problem was the photo shop set up in Cabo San Luco with the lion cubs where you have your picture taken with them. We gave them money and had out picture taken . Later we found out that this is a scam. They tell you the baby lions come from a reserve and this is to raise money for the reserve. It isn't true and there is no reserve. Please don't give your money to these people who exploit the baby animals and then get rid of them when they're too big. If I knew this beforehand, I never would have had the picture taken. The whole operation should be shut down. This is no reflection on NCL at all. The cruise ship is great!

We did do a Shore Excursion in Costa Rica to the Poas Volcano. It was very cloudy and misty and we couldn't see the volcano but they did say this may happen.

Publication Date: 02/14/11