MSC Magnifica Cruise Review by dutchaussie: Never never again

Never never again

Sail Date: February 2010
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

We have just returned from our honeymoon aboard MSC Magnifica, We boarded in Bari Italy. it was the first cruise where instead of putting on weight I lost weight. The food was dreadful!! When I complained to the f&b manager his excuse was it is difficult to cook for 3000 guests.

Nothing was included except for a 15% service surcharge. The cruise cost 800 euro per person and we ended up with a closing bill of 1700 euro. We took one tour, bought a carton of cigarettes and really didn't drink enough to get drunk.

Our cabin had a view of an orange rescue boat and were told this was the fault of our travel agent. After 2 days we were moved to a better cabin at a cost of 130 euro.

We heard from other guests that they had purchased an all inclusive drink package. We asked a reception if we could also purchase one and were told no it was not possible because it had to be purchased before boarding. According to the bar manager also the fault of our travel agent. More The customer service manager could also not help us but compensated us with a bowl of fruit. One banana, one apple, one kiwi and a bunch of grapes.

On other cruises I enjoyed a daily sauna. On MSC magnifica the sauna cost 16 euro per person per hour.

On other cruises I enjoyed a chocolate on my pillow at night and towels folded in the shape of animals but not on MSC.

I would write a letter of complaint to MSC but I seriously doubt if any one there can read or understand english.

Mt advice to all.... forget MSC it is s#@t, s#@t, s#@t !!!!! Less