Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisegirl123: Our first Royal Caribbean ship!!!!

cruisegirl123
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Our first Royal Caribbean ship!!!!

Sail Date: January 2011

January 30, 2011. Arrived at Port of Miami at 1:30pm. We live on the Gulf coast of Florida, so it's a simple 2.5 hour drive to the port. Parked the car and went to stand in the line. There was a sign posted at the door that read something like: Boarding will be delayed due to custom regulations or something to that effect. WELL- 2 hours later the line finally started to move. In the 2 hour wait, I did see hundreds of crew members running off the boat like rats off a sinking ship!!!! Not sure what that was all about!!!! Bur I wished someone from RCC would have had the common sense to tell us WHY we had to wait 2 hours to board the ship when shortly after arriving to the pier, we did see some folks out on their balconies!!! Never did get a straight answer. None the less- we finally boarded at 4pm, put my carry on in the cabin and went to the Windjammer to get something to eat. 2 minutes after we sat down, an announcement overhead alerted us to the dreaded life boat drill. What a rush More for people when we boarded so late.

Our cabin: Superior Balcony 214 sq ft with 68? sq ft balcony was beautiful. I loved the room, the roominess and the balcony. Plenty of space.

We unpacked and then started to roam the ship. Beautiful, beautiful ship. Impressed with the size, space and decor of the ship.

The food: My only disappointment the whole week. The food at the WJ was just so so at best and the food in the Main DR was not much better. Stay away from the top sirloin steak- it was not edible at all. I have to say that the majority of my 37 cruises have been on other lines like Carnival, NCL, Holland, but the food was soooo much better on those lines then on this ship!! One little pet peeve was that this ship had NO ice tea or lemonade drinks on the pool deck like Carnival. If you wanted a glass of ice tea from the main pool area in the middle of the ship, you had to walk quite far to the WJ to get it, and that was only IF the WJ was open. Not sure why they couldn't provide this service for people.

Entertainment: We went to the :Ever after: fairy tale show on the first formal night- it was just OK to me. The singers were good but I really didn't care for the fairy tale theme. The next night we say Finis Henderson, Impressionist singer from Las Vegas. I thought he was very good. Sang several different types of songs. Did a great job. We also went to the Ice skating show one night and that was great. I always feel bad when the skaters fall down on the ice- but they were great and the costumes were fantastic!!! We saw the famous Belly Flop contest- the 350# guy won and splashed the most. The outside band by the pool was great. The pool and the hot tubs were fantastic.

Ports: Belize- been there 6 times- stayed on the ship and enjoyed the pool deck with about 3 other people.

Costa Maya- same thing.

Cozumel- took a taxi to Paradise Beach for the day. Had fun!!!

Overall: I really liked the ship, the shows, the decor, my cabin, the FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The food left a lot to be desired!!!!!!!! It wasn't the worst food that I've ever had, but far from the best!! I guess I just expected far better from this line!! This was my only disappointment.

Overall- we had a great time and would do the RCC line again. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Superior Oceanveiw Stateroom Deck 7 8686

Cabin #8686 was perfect. Great size, plenty of space and the balcony was wonderful!!!