Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Ilovemylife2011: Just ok...

Ilovemylife2011
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Bahamas Cruises

Just ok...

Sail Date: February 2011
Destination: Bahamas

We took this cruise for our 10th Anniversary. I had read all of the reviews but since we are on a budget and not particularly high maintenance people we took decided to go ahead and book with Norwegian.

We got to the pier at about 3:00pm. Lines moved very quickly and easily.

We got on the ship with no problems. I have cruised before so I know that staterooms are generally small but this room was ridiculously small. I could hardly get over to the other side of the bed and you could not sit at the desk/vanity and expect anyone else to be able to move around the room because the space is all so tight! The bed is terribly, terribly uncomfortable. I don't have back problems but by the end of the cruise my lower back was killing me. In addition to the bed and the size of the room the bathroom had a terrible mildew odor and the carpet in front of the mini fridge was wet. I called down about the problem twice. They came both times but the odor never really went away. More

The food had a heavy Asian influence so if you don't like that kind of food (I don't) you will not be very happy with the buffet. My husband will really eat anything but he commented several times about the heavy curry flavor to a lot of the meats. Overall the buffet was just mediocre at best. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. We also ate in the Crossing dining room. The service there was good and the chicken and steak were very good. I actually wish we had eaten there more often.

We only went to one show and that was the first night with the comedian. He was so funny! Well worth seeing.

Bahamas was awesome. We went to Blue Lagoon Island and we loved it. Very, very kid friendly beach areas and stuff for them to do. That was the main time I missed my kids because I could see how much they would have enjoyed that island. Dolphin encounters were so awesome and VERY well worth the money. Even if you don't do the encounter you can still go watch. Those dolphins are hysterical!

Private Island was a great time. There is a lot of construction stuff around when you arrive but once you walk past it the beach area is beautiful! We rented one of the clam shell shades and it was well worth the money. We did some snorkeling but the water was pretty cold. The snorkeling is great for kids or beginners but if you are experienced and have snorkeled at really great reefs you will be disappointed. Overall we really enjoyed the day.

Other than the room and food my biggest complaint would have to be the staff on the ship. No only were they difficult to understand they were also very, very unfriendly. They acted like they hated their job and that you were a giant inconvenience to them. I was so surprised after the great, friendly service we received when we were on Carnival.

Overall, it was ok for a short cruise and for the money, but I have no plans of cruising with them in the future. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Sky 9145

TINY, TINY, TINY ROOM! Hard to move around in. Bed was VERY, VERY uncomfortable. Bathroom smelled of mildew. Room location was good. Hall was quiet and quick access to several places on the ship. Closet space was ok.

Great port. Had a wonderful time at Blue Lagoon Island. Blue Lagoon was very, very kid friendly. Beautiful.

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews