Carnival Dream Cruise Review by morganizzy: 1st but not last cruise!!!

morganizzy
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

1st but not last cruise!!!

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my husbands and my first cruise. I was very nervous about alot of things. Everything turned out fabulous. None of my fears were founded. The boat is beautiful. The staff is overworked and underpaid, but the provide over the top service. The food from the pizzeria to the steakhouse and everything in between was delicious. We got home and for days afterwards we wandered around our house looking for the lido deck, we really want a lido deck in our house. Please don't beleive the negative things you read in these reviews. Let me put it to you this way. We returned to buffalo on January 29th, and today is February 8th and last night we put down the deposit for our next cruise. January 29, 2012 Carnival Glory. YEAH!!!

This is for all the people that are scouring these reviews like I did looking for tips and help. I packed way, way too many clothes. Took two suit cases, and came home with one full of clean clothes. What I wish I would have taken was a warmer sweatshirt, I More ended up buying one, the nights are pretty chilly and always windy on deck. Things I bought that I wish I would have brought with me, A big cup with a lid for iced tea and water by the pool. The cups they provide are TINY. I did bring two insulated cups for coffee in the morning, which we did use everyday, but I brought a bigger one for by the pool. I told my travel agent this morning that he made me a cruiser and I can't wait until next January. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Upper 6407

We were in room 6407. I thought the closet space was more than enough. The balcony was great, always really windy though. There were big wooden hangers in the closet, and not enough of them. I double hung things on the same hanger. They could have used cheaper, thinner hangers and given us more. It really turned out fine though. Very rarely, except the last night had any hallway noise. The cabin doors are extremely heavy and you did hear them closing occasionally.

We only spent about 3 hours in Belize. A lot of people didn't even get off the ship, and that should have been a clue. We did not take any excursions, just wandered around in port. We ended up at the Wet Lizard bar, where by husband had a beer. I can just say that on our way back to the ship, I said I felt like I needed a shower.

This by far was the best port that we stopped at. We spent the day at Mohagany Bay beach. It was just beautiful. Everything, including the bathrooms on the beach were very clean. The bar and food service direct to your lounge chair, which there were hundreds of, was fabulous. The beach was nice and soft and clean, not alot of rocks and shells like in Cozumel. The little shops by the beach looked like brand new places, and all of them were spotless and very nice. We got off the ship here at 9am and never got back on until 4pm. I would go back there again in a minute.

Read 1660 Roatan Reviews