Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by IMCRUISINGWITHHIM: Good Time Had By All

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Good Time Had By All

Sail Date: February 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

PRE CRUISE- Three couples drove from Memphis,TN to New Orleans. LA. We stayed at the Hoilday Inn Superdome. They provided accomadations, parking while(6days) away on the cruise and shuttle to cruise terminal for $130.

Embarkation- We arrived at 1145 and the line extended well outside of the building. It took 20 minutes to reach the line for security. The security line took about 30 minutes to get through and then we stood in another line to get processed onto the ship, another 30 minutes. It was well after 1:00 when we boarded and our cabins were ready. YAY

The Ship- We have cruised on Fantasy and the Dream and I must say that I enjoyed Triumph the most. Our cabin was always well cleaned and the cabin attendant knew us by name. Only Complaint, the oceanview windows were dirty. The ships decor appeared to be a bit more classy than the others, especially for its age. We never had a problem finding seats at the shows with an exception for the comedy shows. I enjoy More dancing however the DJ was horrible. He played what he wanted to hear. Lucky for me I can dance to anything. The food was Hit or Miss, mostly Miss. (Lobster was good)

Ports- Were Ok.

Debarkation- We used the self assist program...it was excellent, we were off by 730am

This was a great quick get away!!!!!! Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Oceanview Main 2280

Very Spacious,dirty oceanview windows,No refrigerator

While in Cozumel we caught a shuttle downtown and shopped for a while. (Found some great deals on Purses)(Taxi ride was 15 dollars for 6). After shopping for a while we went to Paradise Beach. (Taxi ride was 13 dollars for 4) We paid 2dollars each to get beach chairs. The water was cold and not very pretty. We ordered food on the beach and the waiter dropped ours in the sand, so we had to wait another 30 minutes for the food... (The taxi to get back to the pier was another 13 dollars. The best part of Cozumel were the deals I found on my purses and souvenirs. Not bad but could have been better. We have been to Cozumel several times and I find it easier to enjoy if you just book an excursion to see the Island which includes a tour guide and they will take you downtown to shop,beach and other attractions for one price per person.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

While in Progresso I felt like we were walking through a large flea market with people begging you to come look and buy their items. We didnt do excursions as we did them on previous cruises. We did enjoy a small bar which was located near the area where the ship docks. They played music and people danced and seemed to have a great time. No pressure here and the bartenders were very nice.

Read 284 Progreso Reviews