Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by papagary

Celebrity Eclipse
Member Name: papagary
Cruise Date: January 2011
Cabin Category: A1
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Celebrity Eclipse review
Recently returned from a cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse. Most of our cruises have been on RCL. The Eclipse is beautiful and well designed. With over 4000 passengers, the ship did not feel crowded. With plenty of bars and cozy retreats there was room to find secluded and quiet places to relax.

The buffet is arranged such that standing in long lines is not a problem. The food is really good. We were in AquaClass and I was concerned after reading reviews that there would not be enough food in the Blu restaurant. Some reviews suggested the food was not good. I am a big guy and let me say there was plenty to eat with the waiter aways offering extra portions if desired. The food was outstanding. This is fine dining, not all meat and potatoes.

Ok, not all of my comments are positive. I purchased the bar setup for my stateroom. This includes, in my case, a 1000L bottle of Gin, tonic, ice and limes. This is a nice little $100 extra for us that likes cocktails on the balcony in the evening. However, I got the gin but always had to call for the tonic, ice and limes. I even tipped the stateroom attendant $20, still had to call. This issue was never resolved.

Our stateroom was 1541. Great room, loved the bigger bath and big, by cruise standards, shower. The room was directly under the Galley for a small cafe which was noisy in the day and into the evening. I would not book this room again.

All in all this is a great ship and I will be booking the Solstice Class in the future. Hope this review is helpful.

Publication Date: 02/08/11