Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Natfan

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Epic Adventure!
I also would say that it was the best vacation I have ever been on! The Epic is massive, magnificent, and majestic. It is the most technologically advanced ship I have ever been on. One small example is the photo gallery where you go to a kiosk, put in your room card, and order your photos. They also have the photo copies in a binder with your room number.No more looking for photos over a deck long, crowded photo gallery. I booked all the shows, speciality dining, and shore excursions and never waited more than 10 minutes or at all despite 4,300 passengers.

Embarkation was quick and effortless, as well as disembarkation as we waltzed right off with no waiting. We enrolled in the "bags program" where we never saw our luggage midnight the night before docking until we arrived home at the airport.

The Epic had the best entertainment I have ever seen in my 17 cruises- Blue Man Group, Legends in Concert, Second City Comedy Troupe, Howl at the moon dueling pianos, Cirque de Soleil Dinner Theatre, and Slam Allen and his blues band. Dancing while awaiting dinner to a show band was so romantic in the Manhattan Supper Club main restaurant( one of 20 eating venues and restaurants on board). Jeff Hobson was a fantastic comedian and magician.

Food was good, service was excellent, and all staff was courteous and friendly at all times.

Freestyle cruising on NCL is second to none. I would like to address some concerns posted in reviews about the Epic. I am an avid non-smoker, but the "smoking" issue of the casino was not a big issue. You can either walk to avoid the casino, or walking through it is not that bad as advertised by some. There is no top jogging deck around the ship, but with one of the largest fitness centers at sea with the latest equipment, or the half deck jogging track on a lower deck, I am sure the small percentage of 4300 passengers could find somewhere to run. With our inside cabin, the room set up, separate shower and toilet, and small sink in the room was a non-issue. We were both able to get ready at the same time.

I have some suggestions-If you are overweight/obese, you should get a larger room. If you have trouble with large venues, or with ambulation(walking), consider a smaller ship.

There are enough reviews and information out there for you to research to see if this vessel is a good "fit" for you or not. Do so, instead of sailing and bellyaching about it afterwords. It's a great fit- crowd mostly 40-60 (our age), lively with entertainment, and freestyle cruising. So many don't like freedom to do what you want, so continue on other cruise lines. I have been on 5 different cruise lines, and will never sail on anything but NCL ever again.

Publication Date: 02/07/11