Carnival Legend Cruise Review by LYMBURN

Embarkation: Tampa
        7-9 4.0
        10-12 4.0

Legend jan23 -jan 30
We had a great trip on the legend. We arrived at the port at 1100 am and were on the ship by 1130 and went up to lido to have lunch. lineups at the different areas pre ship were fairly long but flowed very smoothly to get us on in a timely fashion. Weather was only 60 and sunny but once on the boat very warm in the lounge chairs. We waited quite a while for bags as kids wanted to swim and needed suits we didn't pack them in our carry on b/c of the weather but they wanted to use hot tubs.Wouldn't it be great if pools were heated on ships? All in all embarkation process very good.

-STATEROOM

We had two staterooms both interior to keep costs down for our family of five. Have had balcony in the past and really enjoyed it but only missed the balcony in the first few days them all was well. Big stateroom s on the ship a plus tonnes of storage and large suitcases do fit under the bed.Beds were OK kind of firm.Bathroom good size with shampoo and body wash in the shower dispenser. I did bring a shoe organizer to keep my bottles in on the back of the door this keeps them from rolling around.They gave my husband and I two dummy keys that would open the other room our kids stayed in.We had Habsey as our room steward and enjoyed him very much.No complaints when my daughter threw up over everything in the middle of the night.We gathered everything up but the floor had to be washed and bed linen changed.Not sure why she did get sick she didn't complain of sea sickness.

-SEA DAYS

No complaints about the food at all we enjoyed it and didn't get sick of it.I put on 5 lbs Breakfast was good all kind of choices thought the french toast was delicious.Never hard pancakes and yes they did hand out the bacon after the first few days but they were never skimpy on that I noticed. The omelet center was great and plenty of places to order one. Lunch was good had sandwich bar one day and pizza a couple of times kids ate mostly at the grill and enjoyed the chips and Queso.We never did do the diningroom for breakfast and lunch. We wanted to be outside.My son {16}paid for his own pop card which was 38.00 but the rest of us enjoyed the juices ,choc milk ,milk, coffee, tea ,hot choc,for breakfast. At lunch they offered Ice tea and lemonade and Water coffee, tea, hot choc.We mixed the lemonade and ice tea and had sweet tea it was delicious.

Dining room was great we had anytime dining we had to wait twice for our table but lots of food choices available great dessert and we had great waiters loved the singing and dancing in the dining room too! kids sometimes ate up on the Lido for dinner same choices available there I noticed. loved the cold soups I wouldn't pay for a smoothie I just order the cold soup.It could be found on lido deck too sometimes by cold salads.

We had calm seas Not a lot of trouble finding deck chairs in main pools as we had kids that s where we stayed.We didn't go to adult aft pool.

Used gym regularly and never waited for treadmill. I did run outside on top deck 14 times around 1 mile or other deck (? sun deck)4 times around 1 mile.

we were very tired during night time shows and fell asleep in some of them but they did seem fairly good the comedy shows were funny. We only went to the early PG shows. Liked the ventriloquist but very geared to older age population but there was a lot of older people on the boat during our cruise.Very few kids.We didn't do casino so can't comment.But did get our free lanyards in casino after ship sailed and it opened but only for adults.

KIDS CLUB

They have build a bear which kids loved offered at different times during cruise you pay 20.00 plus approx 5.00 for outfit. Cruise counsellors for my DD age 8 did seem a bit tired and short with kids my DD mentioned it I noticed it slightly but she had no real complaints.

lots of fun activities scavenger hunts, swimming times,pizza making ,WII.

DEBARKATION

We had to go to Follies theatre at 7am to see customs lineup went quick then we went for breaky and back to our room to wait til 8 30 then we were called by our number 10 to exit ship.Not sure how many #s there were . We were off by 9:30.

Publication Date: 02/07/11